Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default 3rd Suppressor Group Buy

This is the start of a group buy of suppressors from Wells Custom Gunmakers in PA http://wellscustomguns.com/. Wells' is a true mom and pop shop and made in house. He is extremely liked/respected and his product is great. I will only be the middle man who sets this up and will not handle any money. It will be between you, Wells, ATF, and your FFL. This will run for the entire month of October.

Terms:
    This Suppressor Group Buy will be for the Tango .30 caliber can (I will look into adding the .223 can) as they are in hand. In order to meet the terms of the group buy, we need to purchase at least 25 suppressors for the price of $395. This will be run on two forums...this one and 300 AAC Blackout forum. The CS is outstanding. When or if you have a problem, you will actually speak to the person who built the suppressor. There is not a lot of money spent on these with marketing and fancy sales campaigns and ads. Most of these suppressors have been purchased by word of mouth.

I believe anyone can spend a ton of money to buy a can for a certain amount of sound attenuation or you can spend a limited amount of money and get good sound attenuation. Dave Wells, the gunsmith licensed to manufacture these cans has a very compelling argument why one should not spend a grand on a suppressor. I will not bore you with the details. Long story short, these suppressors with attenuate the sound from your rifle at least 30 db. He does not make claims that they will attenuate above that because they won't. Pretty simple.

I have some info on Dave and videos of some of his work in action. If you should have any questions, comments, or general curiosity about these suppressors, let me know. All of these suppressors offered in this GB have a Lifetime Warranty. No ifs, ands, or butts. If you put a bad round through them, he will fix it. Dave does not recommend using any corrosive ammo through any suppressor.

There is no quick disconnect available for the suppressors yet. Dave has been testing their QDs for some time now and expects to have it ready in the near future and can be retro-fitted.

The suppressor is a .30 caliber (7.62) all Stainless Steel suppressor. This unit is priced at $395.00/can, not including the tax stamp. The suppressor is made from Stainless Steel. It has a M-baffle design, which most manufacturers are using today. The dimensions are 1 3/8 inches by 8 inch length. These suppressors are rated for full auto and magnum loads. The weight of this can is 14 oz.

If you have any specific questions about ONLY the suppressor, ask me, or visit Dave Wells Website for contact information: http://www.wellscustomguns.com/
    Do not contact Dave about the ATF. He has no say over that part.

If you have a rifle without a threaded barrel and want to have it threaded, Dave can accommodate you with this service as well. He prefers not to thread Ak barrel variants do to the different pinning methods and parts used to put these units together. They tend to be very difficult to thread. If in doubt ask.

Videos (I will try and get more videos):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jltj...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq4pead4FdA

Pictures:

(Chester County)

Default Re: 3rd Suppressor Group Buy

In. For a .30 cal can only.

What's the timeline for payment, paperwork...?

Thanks Ross

Can be disassembled and the baffles removed for cleaning/replacement?

Good price.

Nice price.

I'd like to know if the same price could be had for the .223/5.56 caliber can, if it becomes available in the GB.

(York County)

The .223 can has been added to the GB for the same price. I will update that soon. The delay is that the can will be built in December. As for turn around time, that is up to the ATF. The .308 cans are in hand. So, if we get to the number, the cans are sent to your FFL and that is where you fill out the paperwork and then everything is up to the ATF.
    Last edited by krugilla; October 4th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Is there any deal on threading if we purchase a can from Dave?

(Schuylkill County)

Who wants to lend me about $600 I know I said I wanted in, but unexpected circumstances have left me with no money. I'll have to wait for the 4th group buy.

I said this in the other thread, but Dave has been beyond friendly and helpful to me. If you guys have questions, give him a call and get a feel for his customer service. He's pretty much a one man show, and he still took about 35 minutes out of his busy day to talk to me about all my concerns. He didn't make me feel rushed to get off the phone either.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNice View Post
    Is there any deal on threading if we purchase a can from Dave?
    If you have anything but an AK, he will thread it. You need to work a deal.

(Delaware County)

I may be interested in a 223 can

(York County)

As of right now, this group buy is closed. There might be another one towards the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015 with some extras.

Thanks for those who were interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast