Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Man arrested for anti-cop YouTube clip

Article Here
    Man arrested for anti-cop YouTube clip
    By DAVID GAMBACORTA
    Philadelphia Daily News

gambacd@phillynews.com 215-854-5994

It took just a few weeks for Andre Moore to go from YouTube to the slammer.
    Members of the state attorney general's Gun Violence Task Force announced Moore's abrupt career change yesterday morning by smashing a battering ram through the door of his West Philadelphia apartment.

The 44-year-old was arrested for calling for the murder of 18th District police officers in a video titled "Dissin' Philly Cops" that he posted on YouTube on June 6, law-enforcement officials said.

Moore, who's now been suspended from his job as a security guard at Albert Einstein Medical Center, was less than subtle in his performance.

While waving a gun through the air, Moore said, "I rejoice whenever they shoot a cop in Philadelphia because I hate them," according to a court affidavit containing a transcript of the video.

Later on, he offered instructions on to how to murder cops: "All we need is a Colt .275 to do it. Look, it's easy. You got the chamber, let it go off . . . anywhere in the head or heart . . . continue killing the 18th District police."

The officials said that Moore's 12-year-old son, Andre Jr., filmed the volatile video, and another underage relative held a gun in a second video that Moore posted on YouTube using the screen name "lildre502."

The videos are no longer available on YouTube.

Moore's wife, Tamara, expressed outrage over the incident during a phone interview last night.

"I knew nothing about any of this," she said. "Me, my son and our family are very much humiliated by the act Andre did.

"Whatever happens to him, happens. My job is being jeopardized because of this."

Investigators said that District Attorney Lynne Abraham and state Attorney General Tom Corbett became aware of the videos about two weeks ago.

They charged Moore with aggravated assault, corruption of minors, terroristic threats and harassment.

"Obviously, the charges could be challenged in court, but that's out of our hands," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore. "You have rights, but that doesn't mean you can say something like this."

According to court records, Moore was sentenced to five years' probation in 1994 after pleading guilty to charges of simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct stemming from an arrest the previous year.

An Einstein spokesman said last night that he had "no knowledge" of Moore's criminal history. The hospital has suspended Moore, pending further investigation, he said.

Police officials were further irked by the fact that Moore worked at the same hospital where Officer Chuck Cassidy died last November after he was shot interrupting a robbery.

"It's a shame he was able to work in a place where one of our officers was taken," said FOP president John McNesby. "He's scum of the earth, and there's not much more you can say about it than that."

HOW CAn THIS GUY BE CHARGED WITH AGG. ASSAULT? I haven't been able to find the video, but the way it is described here does not seem like he did anything illegal.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Susquehanna County)

Default Man Charged With Threatening Philadelphia Police on YouTube Video

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Man-Charged-With-Threatening-Philadelphia-Police-on-YouTube-Video/1$42057

Man Charged With Threatening Philadelphia Police on YouTube Video

Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008
    Updated: June 27th, 2008 12:18 PM EDT
    LARRY KING
    The Philadelphia Inquirer

A Philadelphia man seen waving a handgun on an online video and telling viewers how to shoot police officers was arrested yesterday on felony charges.

Andre Moore, 44, of the 4800 block of Walnut Street, is accused of posting the video called "Dissin Philly Cops" on YouTube.com.

Moore was charged yesterday with aggravated assault, terroristic threats and other crimes. Arrest documents said he works as a security guard at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.

The video allegedly shows a man brandishing a large, silver semiautomatic pistol and calling Philadelphia police "nothing but a bunch of liars, especially the 18th District. . . . That's why I rejoice whenever they shoot a cop in Philadelphia 'cause I hate them."

According to a probable-cause affidavit, the man then removes the ammunition magazine from the gun, racks the slide, points the pistol at the camera, and pulls the trigger as he speaks.

"Look, it's easy. . . . Get one in the chamber," the affidavit quotes him as saying. "Boom. . . . When you shoot the cops you shoot them dead. OK? Anywhere in the head or heart."

The video, which is one minute, 18 seconds long, was posted June 7 on YouTube, the affidavit says.

It quickly came to the attention of local police and the Attorney General's Gun Violence Task Force, said Kevin Harley, communications director for Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett.

"We believe these were terroristic threats that are not protected by the First Amendment," Harley said, "particularly when he encourages people to promote violence in Philadelphia and when he shows people how to use a gun to shoot a cop."

Investigators identified Moore by speaking to employees at Einstein and by comparing the video to his driver's license photo, the affidavit said.

Einstein is where Philadelphia Police Officer Chuck Cassidy died after being shot during a robbery Oct. 31 at a Dunkin' Donuts in West Oak Lane.

YouTube has removed the video from public view.

(York County)

Default Re: Man Charged With Threatening Philadelphia Police on YouTube Video

I agree it seems like a slippery slope here. The 1st A gives us the right to say what we want in theroy, but you cannot just go around threatening certain groups of people like that. If you want to argue thats fine, but look at it this way. If some guy was walking down the street, waiving a gun around saying I'm gonna kill everyone wearing a red shirt. Would you just assume he's exercising his 1a rights or would you feel threatened?

I know its the not the same thing as a video being posted but there are laws on the books about theats, and it sounds like he broke them.

I wish I could see the video to make a better decision about how I feel on this one.

Dave
    3%

If the newsmedia can't even quote a part of a video where this homegrown terrorist clearly threatens part or whole of an agency, group, or person, I'm going to say the charges are as frivolous as he is obnoxious.

Where's the video?

Betcha a dollar the man walks, if not at trial then on appeal. The cops and DA are hoping he doesn't have the coin to afford an appeal, and that no one will pick up his case for him because he's an asshole in the first degree. He didn't solicite a particular murder, a competent defense attorney should make this a quicky.

We'd best hope so, or those who state their intentions to use their firearms in case of gun confiscation are next!!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Chester County)

I saw the video on a link off of DomeLights when it was still on YouTube. I even reported it to YouTube as being "violent and threatening".

I didn't think to download the video, though (I really need to start doing that)... so I'm going on my foggy reccolection of the video now:

He was yelling at the camera and was therefore hard to understand some of the time.
    He was waving what appeared to be a firearm... it looked like a 1911-style pistol (I think). There was no visible orange/red markings at the tip of the barrell.
    He encouraged the killing of police, espicially in the 18th District.

The quotes in the news articles sound correct.

PS... I love how all the news agencies are talking about him having a .275 caliber gun.... where can I get one of them?
    Last edited by JonEMTP; June 30th, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

(Chester County)

And this guy's video rant is worse than gangsta rap videos because...?

I saw some snippets of the video rant. The guy is whacked and best that he doesn't have access to firearms. Should he do jail time?? I dunno. I do know I don't want a gun in his hands.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

this is absolutely ridiculous.

i guess the bill of rights doesn't apply in philadelphia.

aggravated assualt? looks like they just made him a martyr and showed that his reasons for hating the philly pd are valid.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by whenheavenfell View Post
    this is absolutely ridiculous.

i guess the bill of rights doesn't apply in philadelphia.

aggravated assualt? looks like they just made him a martyr and showed that his reasons for hating the philly pd are valid.
    I agree 100%. How can they prove he was even serious? I mean I've seen Robert Dinero say some pretty rough things on film. Maybe this is just a dialog from a screen play he just finished and he's an aspiring actor?

Stupid, yes. Criminal, not in my book. Freedom of speech means something. Is there any real chance this video is going to convince anyone to do harm to a cop?

PC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by yelruh55 View Post
    I saw the video on a link off of DomeLights when it was still on YouTube. I even reported it to YouTube as being "violent and threatening".

I didn't think to download the video, though (I really need to start doing that)... so I'm going on my foggy reccolection of the video now:

He was yelling at the camera and was therefore hard to understand some of the time.
    He was waving what appeared to be a firearm... it looked like a 1911-style pistol (I think). There was no visible orange/red markings at the tip of the barrell.
    He encouraged the killing of police, espicially in the 18th District.

The quotes in the news articles sound correct.

PS... I love how all the news agencies are talking about him having a .275 caliber gun.... where can I get one of them?
    I viewed the video on domelights also. If I am not mistaken, the gun he was brandishing was a chromed Beretta 92.

I hope the asshat does time if only for the way he was handling that pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast