Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Mom shot dead in front of child at YMCA

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25404950

Mom shot dead in front of child at YMCA
    Two suspects hunted in N.J. after woman is slain in pool waiting area

The Associated Press
    updated 3:12 a.m. ET, Fri., June. 27, 2008

MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A man shot and killed a woman in front of their 11-year-old daughter inside a YMCA recreation center while a swimming class for preschoolers was going on nearby, officials said.

Authorities said Monica Paul, 31, argued with the suspect, Kenneth A. Duckett, 37, before he allegedly opened fire about 6:30 p.m.

Duckett, the father of her two children, then ran from the building and drove off in a white Jeep with another man, who has not been identified, authorities said. The vehicle was later found; both men remained at large late Thursday.

Witnesses said YMCA staffers and parents helped get the children out of the building. None of the children was hurt, authorities said.

Essex County Prosecutor Paula T. Dow said Paul was shot multiple times at close range as she sat with her daughter in a waiting area outside the pool where her 4-year-old son was swimming. Witnesses told investigators they heard at least three or four shots.

Authorities said the slain woman was granted a restraining order against Duckett late last year.
    What kind of a POS shoots his childrens' mother right in front of them and a bunch of other kids???

Here is another perfect case of NJs restrictive concealed carry laws working

I wish that the familys of the murdered victims would sue the state for not allowing their loved ones the ability to defend themselves against these thugs.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Mom shot dead in front of child at YMCA

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I wish that the familys of the murdered victims would sue the state for not allowing their loved ones the ability to defend themselves against these thugs.
    According to Mayor Daley (sp.) of Chicago, after yesterday's Heller decision, it is his contention that our taxes are going to go up in order to pay for more cops, more hospitalization of victims, etc. because of all the new handguns going to be out there. He also said, which pissed me off to NO end, "who is going to accept the liability?" I cant tell you how pissed I am.... the City of Chicago sure as shite didnt accept responsiblity for any number of the shootings of unarmed defenseless people during the last two decades of its unconstitutional gun bans.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

The mayor of Chicago is a douche. Plain and simple.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    According to Mayor Daley (sp.) of Chicago, after yesterday's Heller decision, it is his contention that our taxes are going to go up in order to pay for more cops, more hospitalization of victims, etc. because of all the new handguns going to be out there. He also said, which pissed me off to NO end, "who is going to accept the liability?" I cant tell you how pissed I am.... the City of Chicago sure as shite didnt accept responsiblity for any number of the shootings of unarmed defenseless people during the last two decades of its unconstitutional gun bans.
    Has anyone ever tried, or would there be any legal ground on suing state parole boards after an incident? For me, this is about accountability.

with all the laws in that country (nj) i just cant figure out how that man had a gun? i guess its time to make new laws