Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to forum!

(Allegheny County)

Default New to forum!

Hi everyone,

The name's Jim, and I was referred to PAFOA.org by Todd Enos, my local FFL guy in the Pittsburgh area - his website http://www.gunrunnersofpa.com/

I've been a member of Mckeesport Sportsmans Association for a few years, but I've lately been dissatisfied by multiple issues concerning this club, and without going on a rant about it, I'll just say I decided to start looking elsewhere.

When I recently stopped by Todd's house to pick up a transfer, he told me a little bit about you guys and your local meets. He recommended I stop in and register on the boards and put my name out there.

I'm a life-long shooter as well as a complete gun safety freak. I'm into all types of weapons, but I would say I'm particularly interested in AR platforms as well as similar subcaliber ones (just picked up a Beretta Storm in 9mm).

I would appreciate it if someone could either post or direct me any local meet/shooting opportunities that I might be able to take part in.
    Thanks.

Jim.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: New to forum!

Welcome to the forum Jim. I don't know of any meets by you cause I'm on the other side of PA, but I'm sure someone will come in and let you know if there's any.

(Westmoreland County)

Hey James, welcome to the PAFOA! Who's this Tood guy you speak of, we've never heard of him!! LOL Just kidding, Todd is a great guy! As far as clubs, be sure to check out Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Center on Route 48. We have group shoots there every 2nd Sunday of every month...you can get a preview for only $5!! Here is the link for the next shoot:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/shoots-ra...l-welcome.html

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to the forum James. You've come to the right place.

(Butler County)

Welcome to PA and to the forum

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Allegheny County)

Hey dude! Welcome.
    If your free July 6th we have CMP practice at PMSC thats open to the public. Shoot starts at 9AM, sign in at 8:30AM. You need an AR (with iron sights), 55 rounds of ammo and $5. A sling would be nice but not mandatory. We will be shooting from the standing, sitting, and prone positions (slow and rapid fire) at 100 or 200 targets. We will be happy to show you the ropes. Ask for me if you can make it.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the invite Hawk. Unfortunately I recent sold my kit RRA AR15 build to raise money for some other buys. I appreciate the info and pleasant greetings everyone. I will try to stop the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Center during your next get together. Do I need to let anyone know I'm coming?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
    Thanks for the invite Hawk. Unfortunately I recent sold my kit RRA AR15 build to raise money for some other buys. I appreciate the info and pleasant greetings everyone. I will try to stop the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Center during your next get together. Do I need to let anyone know I'm coming?
    Just post in the thread that I linked that you are coming!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
    Hi everyone,

The name's Jim, and I was referred to PAFOA.org by Todd Enos, my local FFL guy in the Pittsburgh area - his website http://www.gunrunnersofpa.com/

I've been a member of Mckeesport Sportsmans Association for a few years, but I've lately been dissatisfied by multiple issues concerning this club, and without going on a rant about it, I'll just say I decided to start looking elsewhere.

When I recently stopped by Todd's house to pick up a transfer, he told me a little bit about you guys and your local meets. He recommended I stop in and register on the boards and put my name out there.

I'm a life-long shooter as well as a complete gun safety freak. I'm into all types of weapons, but I would say I'm particularly interested in AR platforms as well as similar subcaliber ones (just picked up a Beretta Storm in 9mm).

I would appreciate it if someone could either post or direct me any local meet/shooting opportunities that I might be able to take part in.
    Thanks.

Jim.
    Well first off let me welcome you to the boards. There is a pantheon of knowledge here, and good people. Yes GROPA is good people, I had a transfer that came out of that shop and was super happy!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Hey James, welcome to the PAFOA! Who's this Tood guy you speak of, we've never heard of him!! LOL Just kidding, Todd is a great guy! As far as clubs, be sure to check out Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Center on Route 48. We have group shoots there every 2nd Sunday of every month...you can get a preview for only $5!! Here is the link for the next shoot:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/shoots-ra...l-welcome.html
    yep. what he said

see you at the shoot !
    maybe at CMP..... if you join PMSC the club has AR's you can use for the CMP shoots, just bring factory ammo for it.
    We also have Garands and 30-06 ammo with them, the ammo costs extra but its not much (cant remember the price structure)
    We only shoot in one part of the club, but if you ask someone (a member) can show you around at the shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast