Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Freshly cleaned

(Centre County)

Default Freshly cleaned

Well I succesfully disassembled/cleaned/reassembled my 1911. It has roughly 215 rounds through it now, maybe 210. Went shooting last night but was too tired to clean my pistols so I did it this evening. First time taking the 1911 down to clean. Took me about an hour cause it was dirty as hell. Hardest part was getting the slide stop back in. Heres a pic of my Springfield Mil-Spec and Taurus .38. Thanks to all those who helped build my confidence for the first disassembly.

The tshirt/cleaning rag was a christmas gift from an old roomate. I have yet to slip one past the goalie.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Freshly cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    Well I succesfully disassembled/cleaned/reassembled my 1911. It has roughly 215 rounds through it now, maybe 210. Went shooting last night but was too tired to clean my pistols so I did it this evening. First time taking the 1911 down to clean. Took me about an hour cause it was dirty as hell. Hardest part was getting the slide stop back in. Heres a pic of my Springfield Mil-Spec and Taurus .38. Thanks to all those who helped build my confidence for the first disassembly.
    Congratulations Fonz. Disassembling the 1911 can be a little intimidating at first. If it was easy women & small kids would be doing it. Oh wait... They are...

Jaililovemywilsonkeeper
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~