Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Talking Suck It Handgun Control Inc.!!

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

It is with cautious optomism that I read that today, the U.S. Supreme Court has finally recognized the individual right of citizens to keep and bear arms. How this was ever debatable is beyond me, just read the actual amendment above. To me, the idea that the 2nd Amendment could be construed as a collective right that applies only to a militia is beyond me. In the time that the Amendment was written, the militia was every free landowning male of military age. Since that time, we've expanded, by both enacted law and court decisions, the rights of people to not discriminate against people who don't own land and the aged, as well as of racial minorities and gender, so that today, every single citizen who hasn't been adjudicated mentally defective or a felon should be extended the right to keep and bear arms. Further, are any of the other rights in the Bill of Rights collective? Does Freedom of the Press apply only to newspapers etc or do we all enjoy that right? Does the right to petition extend only to lobby groups or can each and every one of us petition the government? Does the right to free expression of religion apply only to organized religious groups or are we all free to choose to find or deny God as we see fit? The answer to all of these questions is, of course, no and the same applies to the 2nd Amendment.

My caution comes from the fact that 4 of the justices chose to attempt to deny us our rights, which just proves that liberals are liberals first. It's amazing to me. They "find" (read invent) a right to privacy in the "penumbra" of the 14th Amendment that they apply to bans on birth control because to enforce them the cops would have to enter your home. Maybe the gun rights folks should've argued this as a privacy issue. They somehow find a right for non-citizen terrorists caught on the battlefield thousands of miles away to get the same rights as citizens and then try to tell us that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed is negotiable. It's amazing, these four have somehow found a way to rationalize that part of the Constitution is unconstitutional. The closeness of this ruling is just another reason not to vote for Obama. If his friendships with guys like Ayers are any indication of who he'll look to fill court vacancies, then we can't afford him.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Suck It Handgun Control Inc.!!

Now's the time to yank their tax exempt status as they violate it by intervening in political matters.