Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Disappointed with Hogue grip...

As title says.
    I've dicided to pay premium for american made, by well known company grip rather then $20 Chinese made e-bay unit, for my recently picked up Ruger MkII, only to discover that Hogue didn't fit for worth a shit.
    Color, and texture is as I wanted, but fits are about worst I've ever seen...

cut does not follow frame at all. grip panel have serious worp in it(on both side), and finish of edges are rough...

Thats about 1/8" gap on back of the grip when I tighten grip screw...

Clearly, they store these grips in non moisture controled storage, and there are abvious worp in the grip...

I called them and they say that i can send it back to have woodshop manager look at it, fix it, exchange or issue an refund.
    Sad part of it is that it took week to get here. It takes another week to send it back to them(and I have to pay the shipping!), and takes however long for the shop manager to look at it, fix it, exchange it or whatever, and takes another week for it to get back to me after they ship it.

I mention that to the girl on phone, and her response was
    "well sir, we do not warrent fitment of any of our grips" and sure enough, on back of package, it states,

"Due to manufacturing variations in the gun frames, we do not warrent that your grip will function correctly with any specific frame. Except for your right to return the grip for replacement or refund within 30 days, this product is sold "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS". To the extent allow by law, we specifically disclaim any express or implied warrenties, including, but not limited to, warrenties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose"

i guess, but damn!

Should just stick with chinese made grip. prolly it would have been cheaper, and they'd fit!
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Default Re: Disappointed with Hogue grip...

That's kinda odd for Hogue to produce grips that bad. I answered your PM and when you bring them by to be fixed I'll explain why they warped.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Franklin County)

I got a set of Mark III grips straight from Ruger themselves for my Mark II (which Ruger specifically stated would not fit a Mark II) and they fit great! Really nice wood too. That sucks though. I hope they get you a set that works.

(Luzerne County)

I have never used houges wooden grips. I have used the rubber grips. I have them on several pistols. They fit good. I even have a houge overmolded stock on my 10/22.

Mybe you just got a bum set.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Centre County)

A small update.

I got e-mail back from their technical adviser name Ron

Ron here at Hogue. I read your email and looked at the pictures. I agree with you that these are not a good example of what Hogue builds and stands behind. I will personally have a set built and send them to you to try. You will have them in your hands by the end of next week. Your address below, is this current to send a UPS package to?
    Let me know.

A little history about exotic woods. We buy thousands of board feet of exotic woods a year. We buy from an import wood co. from back east. This wood comes from South American Countries to you name it. These are shipped direct to back east. They store these woods sometimes 6-8 months or more a year to neutralize them to the climate change and differences. We purchase this wood thus we also let the wood age or neutralize here for 3-6 months at a time. We then cut these into blocking, cnc them internally and externally and then let them sit again. We then batch them for finishing. Along the way of finishing each grip panel or piece is frame tested and fit. That is how we have done since the late 60's. These then are left smooth but finished, checkered or textured and packaged. Now what happens is sometimes 1911 Colt panels, Beretta, Browning H/P's, Ruger, on and on because of being so thin will warp from time to time. This does not happen a lot because of the time frames we have in place, but YES it happens. That is where a customer like you comes in with bringing this to light. We stand behind our product, always have and will so that is why I want to make this right for you ASAP. I will be getting a new set finished and out to you.
    Thank you for your business

So i guess at least they stand behind their products, eventhi pakage sort of says not really.
    eitherway, I hope next one fits better!

(Luzerne County)

good news......
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

That's good they are gonna make it right for you
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Montgomery County)

I've found that Hogue really stands behind thier products.
    I have Hogue grips on all my revolvers, and the new Tamer grip on a shotgun.

I've only run into one pair that had fitment issues due to bad molding problems, and they replaced them with no problem.

good to see they are taking care of ya.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Bucks County)

That's a great customer service story. My hat's off to Hogue for doing right by their customer.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    That's a great customer service story. My hat's off to Hogue for doing right by their customer.
    Yeah, basicaly thats where it boils down to.
    Its manufactured parts, there for there will be some imperfection time to time, no matter where/who its made by.

Only diffrence one can make is to how good your gonna stand behind your product and reputation.

My hats off to them as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast