Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JERSEY!!!?????

(Chester County)

Question JERSEY!!!?????

my gf and i are taking a trip to the jersey shore this summer. im well aware of the no carry nonsense and the refusal to issue. Can I have a hand gun in the house? ( and only in the house) the house is not mine. Does implied consent apply here i.e. the renter didnt say no guns. Is that a federal law or state to state. What are the Jersey laws here ? Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: JERSEY!!!?????

I would not take a gun into Jersey period. That's just my opinion.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

It is legal to possess long guns as an out of state resident in a NJ residence that you dwell in so long as it meets all NJ rules and regulations such as mag capacity (15) and "assault weapons" features.

IDK about pistols they may be special, but I do know any rifle/shotgun so long as it meets NJ law is fine. Take a 12ga .
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by batalha_com.308 View Post
    my gf and i are taking a trip to the jersey shore this summer. im well aware of the no carry nonsense and the refusal to issue. Can I have a hand gun in the house? ( and only in the house) the house is not mine. Does implied consent apply here i.e. the renter didnt say no guns. Is that a federal law or state to state. What are the Jersey laws here ? Thanks.

I would not take any gun , legally you could posses any gun in a home but 95% of cops don't know this and you will be arrested for possessing a gun without an fid card

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    I would not take a gun into Jersey period. That's just my opinion.
    That's correct and that's why today's ruling was no where near far enough. Any ruling asserting the 2nd A should have instantly made all these Unconstitutional laws...Unconstitutional. Didn't happen

(Bucks County)

I'm no lawyer, but I did once live over there...

I believe that jon'76 is right on the money. I also believe that the same standards hold true for handguns as well as long arms. Obviously, you won't be able to carry anywhere... and you should already know the drill on transportation.

As far as possession is concerned, it's generally accepted that you are a NJ resident as long as you occupy a NJ rental property (and expected to behave accordingly). This means that you are bound by those laws already mentioned (capacity, restricted features, etc). From a practical standpoint, if I was going to bring, I'd bring the least-threatening firearms I own (as in "SxS shotgun over semiauto rifle, SA revolver over semiauto pistol").

Of course, if you're planning on recreational shooting while you're on vacation, there are a few suggestions. Call the nearest range or club to where you're staying. Save their number in your cell phone. Ask about their policies regarding out-of-state, visiting shooters. Write down their contact information, phone number and directions to keep with you. Have a plan to visit the place while you're on vacation... even if you're so busy, you never get around to it.

That said, I still don't know if I'd do it. I am neither lawyer nor lawman... so take me with a grain of salt. And enjoy the shore... of the really good things about NJ.

(Chester County)

thanks gentlemen, i still dont know what to do. but i appreciate your advice. And
    this forum.

(Lebanon County)

If you take a handgun to NJ, do NOT take any Hollow Points with you, $1000.00 fine per cartridge. IIRC
    Last edited by lal; June 26th, 2008 at 08:13 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by lal View Post
    If you take a handgun to NJ, do NOT take any Hollow Points with you, $1000.00 fine per cartridge. IIRC
    Not entirely true.

You can possess them in your home/abode for defense and for sporting purposes. If you are caught carrying them its an offense.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

You can transport going to and from a range as long as the guns are void of ammo and it is separated from the gun (access cannot be easy to get too).
    and the actions MUST be open to show the gun is empty.
    I travel to Ft.Dix every weekend to shoot comming from Phila. as far as having one in a rental, i don't know.
    Your Kung Fu...not very good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast