Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Hunting with semi-autos - fudds and anti's in the PG

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/...s/201409160079

Hunting with semiautomatics is a bad idea
    September 16, 2014 12:00 AM

First, I am a hunter and own handguns up through rifles. I also consider myself a sportsman. I see no need for any semiautomatic rifle to enable any sportsman to hunt deer, bear, groundhogs or coyotes. A sportsman should always try for a one-shot humane kill.

There are now three bills in the state House and Senate to allow semiautomatic rifles, including AR-15-style rifles, to be legal for hunting in Pennsylvania. I have no problem with people owning these rifles, but I don’t want to hunt in the same woods with people who can send 10 rounds downrange as fast as they can pull a trigger. It is human nature: If you have the capacity, at least some people will use it, following animals in their sights with no regard as they swing the rifle.

This is not just an issue for sportsmen who feel as I do. It’s also an issue for the nonhunting public who live in rural areas, who use our national forest, our state parks, state forests and game lands. I don’t care how many states allow semiautomatics; I live and hunt in Pennsylvania and I don’t want this legislation.

These bills are coming from legislators in Allegheny, Butler and Crawford counties. It is time they hear from sportsmen and the nonhunting public, not just the gun manufacturers. As a Pennsylvania Game Commission public access cooperator, I will withdraw my land if any such legislation passes.

HAROLD L. HOUSEHOLDER
    New Galilee, Lawrence County

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunting with semi-autos - fudds and anti's in the PG

PLEASE withdraw your land. We don't need to be held hostage by a cranky old fudd, prick.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Bucks County)

There we go again....that NEED thing. The libs are winning.

"Don't care what other states are doing" is also a typical lib mindset. Don't bring up inconvenient facts...it'll snap their mind shut even more (if that's possible).

Limitations on magazined rounds is a long-accepted practice in PA. It could be applied to semi-auto. Three wild rounds sent at a running deer via semi-auto is going to beat a lever or pump by what? Two seconds? BFD. Got news...the semi will be less wild because follow-up shots from a semi will be more on target.

Shame a hunter can't use his favorite rifle for hunting. If not allowed (needed) for hunting, one doesn't need it for target shooting either. Time to get rid of them. Yada yada...

(Lancaster County)

It's human nature ? Oh really? So this guy knows what he would do if hunting with a semi, so that's what everyone will do. He doesn't care what other states allow because his prediction of the woods sounding like a battlefield and running red with blood hasn't come true anywhere.

I'm assuming I should feel good that he is a fellow gun owner and thinks so little of everyone else in the community

(Butler County)

These fudds drive me crazy. The anti's glom on with "See how reasonable these restrictions are? Even gun owners want them!". Just look at the comment section.

(Perry County)

I felt compelled to respond:

Mr. Householder along with many others here sound like the typical Chicken Little; the sky is falling, mass carnage, rivers of blood in the woods! Stop it. Semi-automatics pose no problems in the states that allow them. Are you saying that you, along with other PA hunters, are irresponsible? Can't be trusted? Are dangerous?

I'm so very tired of the Fudds in this state. Evolve please, semi-automatics have been around for well over 100 years so it's probably time to seek counseling for your irrational fear of them.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Mr. Householder along with many others here sound like the typical Chicken Little; the sky is falling, mass carnage, rivers of blood in the woods! Stop it. Semi-automatics pose no problems in the states that allow them. Are you saying that you, along with other PA hunters, are irresponsible? Can't be trusted? Are dangerous?

I'm so very tired of the Fudds in this state. Evolve please, semi-automatics have been around for well over 100 years so it's probably time to seek counseling for your irrational fear of them.
    I'd have rather repped you for this post than the other.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Oh come on, you're selfishness is showing. You're not a team player. Just take a page from this commenter:

We all accept many limitations on our freedom for the greater good of society.
    So give up your freedom for the "greater good", cause scary black guns are scary n'at.

Hey Fudd how about you worry about your dying sport and do what you can to introduce new people.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Fracking DICK'S shoppers.

Would not magazine capacity limits/restrictions COMPLETELY eliminate the non-existent problem of mag dumps on deer?

Perhaps cars that can exceed posted speed limits should not be allowed either.
    Back to the Model T!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast