Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Hunting with semi-autos - fudds and anti's in the PG

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    fuck you HAROLD L. HOUSEHOLDER , stupid asswipe and fuck PPG.

Basically says people who own semis are stupid hicks to me. typical garbage from these morons.
    Not just people with semi-autos, but hunters in general. The comment sections in the PG are usually one big liberal circle jerk like this.

Bob Proctor8 minutes ago
    Mr. Householder didn't mention "irresponsibility," but I won't hesitate. You bet your sweet bippy there are irresponsible deer hunters in the Pennsylvania woods, especially opening day. Hunters who can't be trusted. Hunters who are dangerous to flat-out scary, who are visually and mentally impaired and hung over. Who go on stand and drink throughout the day. What makes you think that hunters are any different than people who don't hunt?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you're basing that upon tradition, then why aren't you hunting with a flintlock?
    I do hunt with a flintlock. I take vacation every year between Christmas and New Year's. My favorite time of year. I've killed more deer with my flintlock than my trusty bolt action rifle.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nittanelion33 View Post
    You made yourself sound like a stupid hick with that response. I thank you Mr. Householder for making your land available for use by other sportsmen. I too own many firearms including semi-auto pistols and rifles, and I too agree that they have no place in the PA deer woods. Tradition is a big part of deer hunting in PA and semi-auto rifles are not part of that tradition.

Call me a FUDD if you want to, I will wear that badge with honor, just don't call me a liberal because I am about as conservative as a guy can get. You say the sport is dying... if I need to have people walking around the wood with AR's to keep the sport alive, then the "sport" is already dead.
    um.... OK, you're a fudd.
    How about if YOU keep the tradition and leave the rest of us alone?
    At least your an honest fudd. You haven't cited the -Blood running down the creek beds and school buses full of nuns that will die if semi's are allowed.-

That's great that you thanked the old crank for keeping his land open. Keep scraping his wrinkly old horn and maybe he'll let you keep hunting there.

I say F him and his land. I'm pretty sick of listening to the traditionalist whining and trying to force their views on everyone else.
    Last edited by cdi; September 16th, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

I do hunt with a flintlock. I take vacation every year between Christmas and New Year's. My favorite time of year. I've killed more deer with my flintlock than my trusty bolt action rifle.
    But you've hunted with a bolt action, which means you do believe that there's something for using modern technology that doesn't fit with tradition.

You do realize that traditions have a tendency to change over time, right? Many times those traditions change after those that refuse to change, die off.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

I do not presently hunt. With the exception of a couple pump shotguns and a revolver, every gun I own is a semi. It would be great as someone interested in giving hunting a try to be able to bring my 10/22 out for squirrel or my AR for appropriate game. I'd even be ok with a mag limit in the woods. I shoot long guns left handed but have zero desire to buy a lefty bolt or pump rifle for a sometimes hobby.

My dad never hunted so there is no tradition here, except I have a son now and would like to start one. I see no reason why a 10/22 or AR or any other semi ever developed with 3 or 5 in the mag would be any worse than someone running a pump or lever as fast as possible.

(York County)

Bolt action rifles have been around for over 150 years and probably used in PA for deer hunting for over 100 years.

If anything, you would think the antis (at least) would SUPPORT using the AR15 platform for hunting.

Why?

Modularity.

With a single serialized lower receiver (the "firearm") and multiple upper receivers, a hunter can use a single rifle for every season of hunting simply by purchasing/building various uppers for various seasons.

Such as a 22LR upper for plinking (once 22LR is affordable again), a 223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO upper for varminting and predator control (and home defense), a 7.62x35mm upper for medium game and deer, and a large bore upper (450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM or 50 Beowulf) for large game like elk.

With that much flexibility, it would mean hunters need less guns! Only thing the AR15 can't do is use shotgun rounds. And I'm sure if there was a market for it, someone would make reliable magblocks for the AR10-platform that would allow it to accept both AR15-based magazines and 9mm magazines (considering 9mm ARs are a thing).
    Last edited by Solaran_X; September 16th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post

With that much flexibility, it would mean hunters need less guns! Only thing the AR15 can't do is use shotgun rounds.
    I realize this isn't traditional, so you probably wouldn't want to buy it.

(Lancaster County)

Bolt action rifles have been around for over 150 years and probably used in PA for deer hunting for over 100 years.
    Probably 100 years ago people were gathering at the local general store complaining about the game commission allowing bolt actions because they weren't traditional.

(Lancaster County)

So no modern gear for you? Semi autos have been around for a long time as well just not in Fudd state.
    There are other semis besides an AR and there is other game than deer.
    But again what other people like and choose doesn't matter. Options are a bad thing as well as individual choice.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast