Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Lone Wolf vs. OEM Glock

What experience do you have with Lone Wolf barrels? Would you recommend them over factory Glock barrels? Is the accuracy better? Much appreciated.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Lone Wolf vs. OEM Glock

The main reason people outfit their Glocks with the Lone Wolf barrels is that you can shoot lead bullets in them. Lead rounds are usually cheaper than FMJs.

(Lackawanna County)

look into kkm or storm lake barrels

(Monroe County)

Main reason I'm asking is because I want to get a G32 barrel for my G23. Winter carry caliber. Already have a factory one for the Sig but the G23 has CT laser grips in addition to the night sights. I see a lot of people online saying if you're using it for defensive purposes it's better to stick with factory.

(Lancaster County)

If you reload it's also an advantage to have one to reduce buldging of brass.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Jefferson County)

Suppressor fans like the Lone Wolf because of the availability of longer/threaded barrels.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

I have a 23 third gen po trade in. Replaced all the springs. Crapy accuracy, thinking of a new 40 and a 9 conversion but that makes for zero savings on a used gun. It won't run with a light on it either. Runs without a light fine, but not anything I call a group. The barrel looks good. Anybody think a replacement will do anything? I see lone wolf for $99.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    If you reload it's also an advantage to have one to reduce buldging of brass.
    Glock 40s really bulge out the brass.

i've used both storm lake and lone wolf .

both ran 100% and much much easier on the brass + i was shooting for something like $.05 a round.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Bucks County)

Obtained a gen 3 model 23 police trade several years ago. Purchased a Lone Wolf 9mm standard length almost immediately and use it exclusively. Accuracy is fine for the gun's purpose. (Glocks will never be Hammerlis).

Appx 900 rounds through it (reloads). The original .40 S&W parts work flawlessly with 9mm. Purchased model 19 magazines which fit a 23, but since have determined that the .40 mags feed 9mm fine and, surprisingly, 9mm will feed .40s.

I am not advocating these out of spec assemblies for defensive use. Just answering the question regarding experiences on the range.

Another experience...purchased one of the (KIA?) Korean 33-round mags. Never buy anything but Glock mags or possibly (no experience here) the American-made Sherrers (sp). I cut the Korean 33 down to normal length and it feeds reliably. They just don't have the spring right for 33 length.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast