Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default visiting with handgun

im goin to visit my gf's folks in bryn mawr and apparently bringing my shotgun is ok, what about handguns? im thinking of taking her family to a range thats not too far from them. first off if im licensed in ny can i shoot my handgun in PA? 2ndly can her family shoot my handguns there without a license bc here in nyc u cant even think of looking at a handgun without a license,
    "One man with a gun can control 100 without one."- Lenin
    "Blaming guns for crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnel's obesity." - Travis McGee

(Franklin County)

Default Re: visiting with handgun

Your NY license will not allow you to CC while in PA, but does permit you to carry a loaded firearm while in a vehicle. You can legally open carry on foot, outside of Philadelphia, without any license, regardless of residency (unless you are prohibited from possessing firearms, which it appears is not an issue).

There is no licensing required to shoot a gun, so taking family members to the range presents no issues whatsoever (unless one of them is prohibited from possessing firearms).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Indiana County)

There is no licensing required to shoot a gun, so taking family members to the range presents no issues whatsoever (unless one of them is prohibited from possessing firearms).
    To expand just a little bit more to avoid any chance of confusion, taking anybody to the range presents no issues whatsoever (unless otherwise prohibited by law).

In the free Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, there is no requirement for anyone to have any sort of firearms license at all at a shooting range (whether it's a real range or someplace off in the woods). Girlfriend, girlfriend's family, girlfriend's friends, etc., etc.

Welcome to Pennsylvania!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    To expand just a little bit more to avoid any chance of confusion, taking anybody to the range presents no issues whatsoever (unless otherwise prohibited by law).

In the free Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, there is no requirement for anyone to have any sort of firearms license at all at a shooting range (whether it's a real range or someplace off in the woods). Girlfriend, girlfriend's family, girlfriend's friends, etc., etc.

Welcome to Pennsylvania!
    Absolutely correct. Thanks for adding the additional clarification.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911lover View Post
    im goin to visit my gf's folks in bryn mawr and apparently bringing my shotgun is ok, what about handguns? im thinking of taking her family to a range thats not too far from them. first off if im licensed in ny can i shoot my handgun in PA? 2ndly can her family shoot my handguns there without a license bc here in nyc u cant even think of looking at a handgun without a license,
    PA does NOT have a license for purchasing or handling a firearm. a License is only associated with firearms in PA when going for a License to Carry.

In PA we can buy handguns and rifles with a simple background check.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

ok thats it. im in love with PA! it smells like freedom.
    "One man with a gun can control 100 without one."- Lenin
    "Blaming guns for crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnel's obesity." - Travis McGee

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911lover View Post
    ok thats it. im in love with PA! it smells like freedom.
    Well move on down.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Cumberland County)

Move on over.....I moved here from the People's Republic of New Jersey about 4 years ago and have loved every second of it!!!!
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Well move on down.
    Actually we are all full. Sorry I hear Vermont is lovely this time of year though
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.