Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

What is the shame of this story if same low life did the same thing to a puppy or a kitten most people would be more outraged than doing it to a child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367243,00.html

Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

TURLOCK, Calif. — Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' — not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said.

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man brutally beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The incident happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city located about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

GOOD....
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    What is the shame of this story if same low life did the same thing to a puppy or a kitten most people would be more outraged than doing it to a child.
    Glad I don't fall into the category of most people. While dog and cat abusers are also scum I don't necessarily think they should be shot on sight.

For some low life kicking a toddler to death however getting shot was far too lenient a punishment. I'd have preferred this guy to be fed into a chipper feet first.

(Luzerne County)

and again if ONE person had a firearm the child might have been saved... to hell with the PERP.....

unfortunatley the police arrive AFTER the fact........HMMMMMMMMM.... fuel for the Right To Carry group ????

I SURE HOPE SO....

(Berks County)

I second CoyoteJack's post as I'm the father of two. I can't imagine how someone would do such a thing.

(Northampton County)

The only better outcome would have been killing the perp before he killed the child.

Would it have been better if someone had a firearm? Sure.... but I'd have used anything at hand, a tire iron comes to mind.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    The only better outcome would have been killing the perp before he killed the child.

Would it have been better if someone had a firearm? Sure.... but I'd have used anything at hand, a tire iron comes to mind.
    Good thinking. Not every problem needs a gun to solve it. The weapon is between your ears. Use whatever tool is convenient at hand. Sure, a gun works. So do lots of other tools.

(Lancaster County)

what on earth would provoke a person to do such a thing. This makes me sick in the stomach just thinking about. Another reason I choose to carry!

(Allegheny County)

That's just sick. They could have tazed him!
    There is no reason they had to KILL him.

You do realize there are people posting exactly that on other forums right now?

I'm glad the officer used what was necessary to put an end to the brutal killing in progress.

So sad. Prayers sent for the child's family.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

I think the officer did what was necessary. If i was one of the people who stopped and even after try to physically intervene, and to see that it did no good, I would of shot also. Although I would hate to see what people would be saying if a citizen had taken him out, rather than a officer. Oh, well 1 less scum bag on this earth....+1 for the officer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast