Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ohio Judges authorize themselves to carry weapons without permit

judges dont have the authority to make laws as they see fit, nor can they ignore laws they dont like

i hope a higher court intervenes and puts them in their place though this is probably wishful thinking at best
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Monroe County)

There are laws being enacted all across the Country that "allow" special people to carry a firearm anywhere they want to. Judges, prosecutors, lawyers, legal aids, supervisors, mayors, administrators and their dogs can carry in some courthouses and schools, but not us lowly peons. We are not to be trusted with the responsibility to protect ourselves. We must leave it to the "professionals" to do it for us.

Oh and most of the people pushing for these "special" laws are from the democratic side of the table.

(Schuylkill County)

If I had to take a guess. I would guess that the judges addressed carrying outside of the courthouse because some of them would not qualify for an Ohio permit.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger01 View Post
    The court’s order exempts the judges from obtaining firearms training and a concealed-carry permit. State law already allows judges, prosecutors, bailiffs and law-enforcement officers to be armed in courthouses.

Harsha, a competitive shooter and former Pickaway County prosecutor who has served on the appeals court for 26 years, said he probably will pack one of his handguns to ensure his safety.

“The probabilities of an occurrence, in reality, are pretty low, but the impact if it happens is devastating,” Harsha said.

It’s possible that individual judges have authorized themselves to carry guns outside work.
    Nice that they see the need to be armed. I hope that we can count on them to lobby the Ohio Legislature and Governor to extend this to ordinary Ohioans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12