Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default New York State Police Demanding Gun Shop Handover Gun Customers ID

Albion, New York - -(Ammoland.com)- Joseph Palumbo, co-owner of the Albion Gun Shop, released information today that New York State Police officers from the Narcotics Enforcement Unit demanded the shop’s release of all customers who purchased New York SAFE Act compliant rifles under threat of a warrantless SWAT Team Raid.
    Since the passing of the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) Act, the New York State Troopers Narcotics Enforcement Unit has been delegated to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act and to handle all matters pertaining to the S.A.F.E. Act.
    This unit has visited Mr. Palumbo on several occasions, disrupting his business, to see that Mr. Palumbo is compliant with the S.A.F.E. act provisions for licensed gun shops owners.
    “The New York State Police told me that my guns were NY S.A.F.E. compliant. The chief of the Medina police told me my rifles were NY S.A.F.E. compliant and in fact purchased one of the guns from my shop.” James D. Tresmond, attorney for the Albion Gun Shop, raised the possibility of entrapment. “My client disclosed to me that he would not have sold these rifles to the general public had they not been approved by the New York Division of State Police”
    Meanwhile, a confidential informant from within the state police released an email from New York State Police Division Counsel Kevin Bruen which insinuates that police department itself cannot understand the S.A.F.E. Act itself. The email, which was a response to a state trooper’s inquiry as to whether modified rifles were New York S.A.F.E. compliant. Division Counsel ordered that “a court would have to rule on the legality of these rifles”.
    “The New York S.A.F.E. Act is being enforced arbitrarily on a case by case basis,” Tresmond said. “That amounts to unconstitutional vagueness under the Supreme Court’s Morales standard, and the law should be enjoined for that reason alone.”

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/09/new-...#ixzz3CGra9kGC
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Indiana County)

Default Re: New York State Police Demanding Gun Shop Handover Gun Customers ID

NY shops should simply refuse to sell anything to any police officer or police dept that chooses to enforce this act.

(Bucks County)

We often wonder what PDs will do when the tyranny comes.

Sadly, oath be damned, They will enforce it
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

I would recommend the owner of the shop change his last name.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    We often wonder what PDs will do when the tyranny comes.

Sadly, oath be damned, They will enforce it
    Tyranny is already here in many forms. You have the government culling all of your communications for future use against you, taxing every transaction you make and your income and regulating you with millions of bureaucrats pumping out thousands of useless and mind boggling regulations.

It's here, we just don't have the reeducation(death) camps yet, but all in due time.

That's why our founding fathers designed the Constitution as they did and got the Bill of Rights on paper. They knew the day would come when tyrannical power mad people would work to take over the country.

(Bucks County)

We do a pretty good job on ourselves without government help from what I've seen. I don't think government can claim the patent on political correctness.

Gee who saw this coming....arbitrary and potentially vindictive enforcement of the SAFE act.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

You should always strive to buy and sell long guns using an FFL to transfer... for your safety.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

They must be very carefully taught.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Meanwhile, a confidential informant from within the state police released an email from New York State Police Division Counsel Kevin Bruen which insinuates that police department itself cannot understand the S.A.F.E. Act itself. The email, which was a response to a state trooper’s inquiry as to whether modified rifles were New York S.A.F.E. compliant. Division Counsel ordered that “a court would have to rule on the legality of these rifles”.
    Andrew Cuomo DEMANDED that the SAFE act be "passed quickly" to "reduce the likelihood of gun lobby obstruction".

One of the results of such epic foolishness is poorly written laws.

Toil in haste, repent in leisure.