Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Any SCAR 16S shooters out there?

+1
    i bought my tavor right when they first came out and recently picked up a M21 for it... so right in the Scar neighborhood.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    I have this on my Scar 16. It is great.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/

Mark 4 CQ/T Riflescopes Mark 4 CQ/T Riflescopes

The Mark 4® 1-3x14mm CQ/T® is a revolutionary optical sight for firearms such as the AR-15 and M16, combining the strengths of a red dot sight and the flexibility of a variable power riflescope. Just as important, the reticle is always visible, with or without batteries, so you’re always prepared. The CQ/T is also becoming a fast favorite with competitive shooters who appreciate its unique close and long range capabilities.

I feel the scar is worth the money. My Tavor with an red dot came close to the price of the scar.
    Does it come with an integral mount or do I need a separate mount?

(Tioga County)

It doesn't sound like a bad gun, but SOCOM benched their SCAR 16s(although I was told at Ft Bragg this summer that some secret squirrel units are still using them if they choose), keeping the SCAR 17s and the army has declined to pursue the SCAR rifle any further.

I think for what you get, it's very pricey and I don't think it's a force multiplier over a very good AR that is a thousand bucks cheaper.

With the price, I just think it's always going to be a niche gun that will have it's few fans and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    It doesn't sound like a bad gun, but SOCOM benched their SCAR 16s(although I was told at Ft Bragg this summer that some secret squirrel units are still using them if they choose), keeping the SCAR 17s and the army has declined to pursue the SCAR rifle any further.

I think for what you get, it's very pricey and I don't think it's a force multiplier over a very good AR that is a thousand bucks cheaper.

With the price, I just think it's always going to be a niche gun that will have it's few fans and that's about it.
    I started this thread to ask about optics but it seems to have morphed into an M4 vs SCAR debate

The military dropped its search for the next generation rifle due to funding constraints, not due to performance. The SCAR performed very well but in this era of shrinking troop strengths, decommissioning ships and other cut backs, the DoD decided that the M4 (which is a good rifle) is good enough and to spend its money on other priorities. Yes SOCOM benched their SCARs but not due to performance. It was because even they don't have unlimited funding. The DoD just spent money upgrading a number of their M4's to the SOCOM model which addressed their previous concerns.

After using various configurations of the M16 for the past 26 years, I can say it is a good rifle but the SCAR in my opinion is better. It is tough for any rifle to dislodge the M4 with its 50 years of development history. Having Millions upon millions of dollars in inventory in both complete rifles and spare parts makes it tough to dislodge.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Does it come with an integral mount or do I need a separate mount?
    Comes with an integral mount.

(Chester County)

Check out primary arms series of rifle scope or red dots.

Quality scope for reasonable prices. especially their new line of scopes.

I got 4-16x, and a 1-4x. none of them give me problems, the optic are clear, and all holds zero after a few years of use.

I just got their new line of scopes the 6x is what I am using right now on my SCAR 16. can't say enough good things about Primary arms scopes.
    Is not safe. Is gun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12