Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Book, My Parents OC

From the book's description:
    My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun.

Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need. My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. We fear our children are being raised with a biased view of the 2nd Amendment. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children. As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

The comments/reviews are a riot. I want to take offense to some, but I can't help but laugh at them.

"I understand that this book is the first in a Trilogy. The second and third book, "There's Fluoride in my Water!" and Where's the President's Birth Certificate" are due out before Thanksgiving."

"This book got mixed reviews in my house. My kids liked "Seatbelts are for @$55ies" much better, but I preferred this book to that one. We plan to settle it with a family gunfight in the basement of course."

"My book club will be discussing this book next week at The Boars Nest. Roscoe P. Coltrain, Enis, and Uncle Jessie are all very excited. Git R Done!!"

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Open-C...1?tag=epicp-20
    Last edited by Clark Kent; September 2nd, 2014 at 03:24 AM.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(York County)

Default Re: Book, My Parents OC

I spent my entire lunch break reading the comments. Some are pretty funny.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RainingLead View Post
    I spent my entire lunch break reading the comments. Some are pretty funny.
    I hope you ate something. If you didn't...your blood sugar will be low and if you walked out of work and into a situation...... Just saying..
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    From the book's description:
    My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun.

Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need. My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. We fear our children are being raised with a biased view of the 2nd Amendment. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children. As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

The comments/reviews are a riot. I want to take offense to some, but I can't help but laugh at them.

"I understand that this book is the first in a Trilogy. The second and third book, "There's Fluoride in my Water!" and Where's the President's Birth Certificate" are due out before Thanksgiving."

"This book got mixed reviews in my house. My kids liked "Seatbelts are for @$55ies" much better, but I preferred this book to that one. We plan to settle it with a family gunfight in the basement of course."

"My book club will be discussing this book next week at The Boars Nest. Roscoe P. Coltrain, Enis, and Uncle Jessie are all very excited. Git R Done!!"

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Open-C...1?tag=epicp-20
    Here's a fresh one..they just keep rolling in

"Not quite as compelling as the first book, 'What Would Jesus Carry?"
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

(York County)

"Minus 1 star for failing to address the Second Amendment rights of the unborn."

I thought you had to purchase the product to review it, but judging by some of the comments I'm doubting that's the case. Either way, I'm wasting too much time reading those comments:

"Follow mom, dad as they drive with a can of Bud between their knees and chuck the empties onto the floor!"

Reminds me of my favorite saying: "hold my beer and watch this"
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

Got respect for some of these haters. Instead of being nasty and wishing disease on our children they are using their heads and being witty

(York County)

I agree. There are some very clever people out there. The one comment said "If I see anyone open carrying in a store I immediately leave." I wanted to comment back please tell me where you are so I can make a special trip there.