Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: AR in 9mm or 45acp

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    There were some conversion units out there for 7.62mm Tokarev. At one time, when ammo was available, it was the cats meow for size & power. Mags were cheap. I read someplace about using your split necked 223 brass (cut & sized) to make Tok casings.

Always thought an AR in 30 Carbine would be fun, but Oly was the only one that ever made a few. Be bold and design your own conversion in .256 Winchester!
    An AR in 7.62x25 - I like it - and I have over a thousand rounds
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

9mm is a better option due to the parts availability, plus mags are easy to come by. Also be sure if you go 9mm be sure to use metalform mags, others may or may not work but metalform mags will work, if it doesn't work it won't be because of the mags. Also a ramped bolt is the way to go as already mentioned.

I have a 9mm AR and have owned at least one or more over the pasts 20 years. In my experience they are great shooters and very reliable.

(Lebanon County)

Here is the guy I sourced my parts from. He builds everything in house from the barrels, mag adapter etc... Its been a while since I dealt with him but he was really user friendly and offered help with a few tweeks to get it running 100% for me.

http://www.revarlution.com/

Also I ran this on a dealer sample FA lower and it brings a smile to my face still when I think about it. It just sits there on target and runs like a sewing machine.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

I have a Colt R6450 9mm AR. Great rifle for new shooters as well as an overall plinker. You would be surprised what a 9mm can do at 50-100 yards.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    Here is the guy I sourced my parts from. He builds everything in house from the barrels, mag adapter etc... Its been a while since I dealt with him but he was really user friendly and offered help with a few tweeks to get it running 100% for me.

http://www.revarlution.com/

Also I ran this on a dealer sample FA lower and it brings a smile to my face still when I think about it. It just sits there on target and runs like a sewing machine.
    I'll definitely check him out - thanks!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12