Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Kel Tec P32, Mag won't do in

After being away from consistent shooting and several moves, I'm back. In going through my gun safe, I was looking at my P32. It's was a nice little summer gun back when I bought it. I went to put an empty mag in it (no not Kirk the user) and it will only go half way. I tried two other mags, including the factory mag. It's like the well is warped but it was never exposed to high temps, and stored in a foam gun case with Colt Teflon oil. Although I plan to contact Kel Tec, any one else ever hear of this? I'm going through everything deciding what to sell to make some room and pay for other stuff.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kel Tec P32, Mag won't do in

Try loading the mag first.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkinsje View Post
    Try loading the mag first.
    ?? Why would that make a difference? they are steel mags, and don't bulge when loaded. ?

I tried my KT P32 (loaded and unloaded) no problems either way. are you sure there is no obstruction? Get a bore-light or other flashlight and look up the mag well (mine was full of lint ! SHAMEFUL ME I KNOW!)

Good luck !

Cb

(Allegheny County)

There is definitely no obstruction, and I even tried it with the slide etc. off to see if that would have had some clue. The mag only goes about an inch in, and stops, not just a squeeze but it just starts to pinch it so bad it stops. I even tried silicone to see if I could at least get a mag up there, not even close.

(Lancaster County)

Obvious possibility but I assume you tried inserting them while holding in the mag release. If it were me, considering the price point of that pistol, I would put the mag in til it stops, depress the mag release and tap the mag from the bottom on a table to see what gives.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

OK,
    This is a stupid question, but having don really stupid things in my life, are you sure they are the correct mags? I have multiple calibers and multiple handguns in the same caliber, and sometimes the mags look the same, but aren't. Do you also have a P380 as well ? DON'T force it until you can figure out what is going on ! Take a deep breath, go have a beer, and look at it tomorrow, it might be obvious then ! calipers may be helpful. Do the sides of the grip look bent in at all?
    if you can a picture of how far it will fit in may be helpful - my mag unloaded stops at the second to last hole from the bottom (hits the mag stop) and then requires just a little push to overcome the Mag release button.

another really stupid mistake would be to put it in backwards (stupid mistakes are the best kind, easy to learn from and easy to fix! not calling YOU stupid, as we have all made them!) make sure the bullets point towards the front, I just tried it backwards, and it goes in exactly half-way and stops, and you can't force it any further !
    Cb
    Last edited by solrac7; August 31st, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    ?? Why would that make a difference? they are steel mags, and don't bulge when loaded.
    I had a pistol once where the follower would snag the magazine release. You would either have to press in the release or insert a loaded mag

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkinsje View Post
    I had a pistol once where the follower would snag the magazine release. You would either have to press in the release or insert a loaded mag
    Cool ! thanks for the info !

Cb

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    OK,
    This is a stupid question, but having don really stupid things in my life, are you sure they are the correct mags? I have multiple calibers and multiple handguns in the same caliber, and sometimes the mags look the same, but aren't. Do you also have a P380 as well ? DON'T force it until you can figure out what is going on ! Take a deep breath, go have a beer, and look at it tomorrow, it might be obvious then ! calipers may be helpful. Do the sides of the grip look bent in at all?
    if you can a picture of how far it will fit in may be helpful - my mag unloaded stops at the second to last hole from the bottom (hits the mag stop) and then requires just a little push to overcome the Mag release button.

another really stupid mistake would be to put it in backwards (stupid mistakes are the best kind, easy to learn from and easy to fix! not calling YOU stupid, as we have all made them!) make sure the bullets point towards the front, I just tried it backwards, and it goes in exactly half-way and stops, and you can't force it any further !
    Cb
    My guess. Load the mag, then put it in, with the pointy thingy facing forward.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    My guess. Load the mag, then put it in, with the pointy thingy facing forward.
    Is that like the "thing that goes up" on the back of an AR-15 ? LOL

Cb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast