Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default CZ P07... Drool...

So after doing a little shooting this morning at the range closest to me I went upstairs to check out their current selection. Oh and by the way the range was practically empty because of the holiday weekend I guess. It was great. Put some rounds through my glock 19 and realized that I need to practice more considering I shot so much better towards the end of my session.

Anyways as I said I checked out some guns afterwards and decided to fondle a CZ P07 9mm 3.8" barrel. Now I know that CZ is well respected and make very nice guns but up until this year I never really had much of an interest in them. Always thought they were sleek looking but never had one on my "must buy" list. That has indeed changed now as I really MUST buy that pistol. I didn't buy one today, but I really think I see one in my immediate future. It fit perfectly in my hands. Sights are nice, controls are nice. No manual safety, hammer fired with decocker. Perfect. I don't own a hammer fired handgun yet and have been considering one for a while. I really love this gun after handling it. If they had one to rent I surely would have, although they do not.

I already have 9mm and I am not a huge fan of 40 although I would consider it. I wish they made one in 45!

Does anyone here have one? What's the general consensus on this gun? I'm sure it's pretty good. Unless anyone has any drastically negative things to say about it I most likely will be buying one in a month or two. I will consider 40 cal but most likely will stick with 9mm so I don't have to start buying another caliber. Thanks

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-07-9m...ps-15-rd-mags/
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Default Re: CZ P07... Drool...

Never shot one but from what I've read if you get one get it in 9mm the 40 is apparently less reliable. Just figured I'd pass on the information I have found.

I'm also really attracted to the p07

(Indiana County)

I know there were problems with them (mags randomly dropping free) when they came out a couple years ago when they were called the P07 Duty, but now the issues were fixed and they seem like really good guns for the price.

I'd say for an awesome valued poly hammer gun, the P07 and FNX-9 are the top of the list (although you might not like the FNX since it has a decocker & safety, whereas the P07 is either/or.) I know my FNS (striker) feels damn good in my hands, similar to my old CZ P06.

(Montgomery County)

I have one and live near you if you want to meet at Target World to shoot it sometime. I also have 5 free range hours. I haven't had any issues, but only have about 200 rounds through it. Here's a pic of it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    ... What's the general consensus on this gun? ...
    The consensus? The CONSENSUS?

I'll give you my consensus; You ain't bought that thing yet?

And I will add this sir:

CZ-USA 91186 CZ 75 P-07 16+1 9mm 3.8"

ANDDDD... if that doesn't get the credit/debit card flying out of your wallet, be advised that Buds is offering its 180 day layaway offer for this gun.

So pictures please of your new CZ when it arrives!
    Last edited by johnfritz; August 30th, 2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: To add the sweet Buds CZ deal.
    Johnnie F.

(Tioga County)

My consensus is that it's on my shopping list once I get a few other pistols I want. I've seen them for less than $400. Probably the only negative I'd find with it from holding one is that it's a bit sharp edged all over the pistol so I don't know how that'd play out with carrying it all day.

These pistols over here don't get a lot of play in the gun media or even mentioned much on forums, but overseas they are more common than Glocks in some countries.

So after doing a little shooting this morning at the range closest to me I went upstairs to check out their current selection.

How much was Target World asking for it?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    So after doing a little shooting this morning at the range closest to me I went upstairs to check out their current selection.

How much was Target World asking for it?
    If I remember correctly it was 463 if you have NRA membership, which I do of course. If it wasn't a bill paying paycheck that I got yesterday I just may have bought it hah. Thanks for the offer DK23, I'll probably send you a PM sometime soon.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Probably the only negative I'd find with it from holding one is that it's a bit sharp edged all over the pistol so I don't know how that'd play out with carrying it all day.

Did you hold the older P07 Duty or the newer P07? The P07 (non-duty) is supposed to be a dehorned version of the Duty.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-07-9m...ps-15-rd-mags/

The CZ P-07 is the updated version of the CZ 75 P-07 Duty. The debut of the full-size P-09 last year brought refined lines and interchangeable backstraps to our polymer Omega line. This year the compact-sized P-07 follows suit, with new features and a nitrated slide finish that wears longer and has increased corrosion resistance. The pistol as a whole has been dehorned, removing any sharp edges to make it more comfortable for all-day carry.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I have one and live near you if you want to meet at Target World to shoot it sometime. I also have 5 free range hours. I haven't had any issues, but only have about 200 rounds through it. Here's a pic of it.

Look at that HUGE trigger guard... Def made for cold weather gloves.

Good looking gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast