Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: COPS Crew member killed during filming of incident

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    All that said, I agree. Where the fuck is the accountability from the cops? If I "accidentally" shot 9 people I'd be crucified by the public. If the cops do it it gets swept under the rug. That the NYC incident didn't receive national attention is a god damn outrage.
    Then I could call you 'Heyzeus'. You would look the part.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    Then I could call you 'Heyzeus'. You would look the part.
    He'd look like an angry black man?

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    At the risk of starting an argument, here I go....

I have always believed that I own every shot I take. If I injured or killed an innocent during a lawful self defense scenario I would be prosecuted. This cop will not be. I read more and more about errant shots by the police (the 9 people shot by cops in NY was a doosey).

I will not squeeze the trigger unless I know I can hit my target. That also means that once I squeeze that trigger I know where that round is going. Before I get accused of being arrogant or some kind of Rambo I believe that because I practice.....a lot. I am at the range every week. I shoot at least 100 rounds every session. I do this with every gun I carry. Yes, it gets expensive shooting at least 400 rounds per month just for practice (and more for fun) but I need to know my bullet is going where I want it to. If I want to carry I believe it is my responsibility to be accurate with deadly force. Not saying every LTCF holder has to do what I do - this is my thought process.

How much are cops required to train? How often are they required to qualify. This shit happens all too frequently.
    You and I are held to a higher standard than the "professionals".
    How screwed up is that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    Most "regular cops" are only required to qualify once a year. Judging from what I've personally heard from my cop friends, very few officers practice with their firearms. The guys I'm friends with are very pro 2nd Amendment and frequently make range visits. Consequently, they're great shots; I sincerely doubt they'd ever be culprit of an errant round akin to the NYC incident or the incident from this article.

SWAT officers, however, are to my knowledge required to qualify much more frequently under more stringent guidelines.

All that said, I agree. Where the fuck is the accountability from the cops? If I "accidentally" shot 9 people I'd be crucified by the public. If the cops do it it gets swept under the rug. That the NYC incident didn't receive national attention is a god damn outrage.
    What you talkin 'bout Willis ??? Just because a PA State trooper shoots wife in head while "cleaning" his gun and gets no charges, you think there's a double standard or sumpin'??
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

Why is this thread under "General Events ?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123