Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    Can you point out evidence of this fraud to us? Even when Corbett tried to institute voter ID's the court that overturned it said he failed to provide any credible evidence of voter fraud. State after state, no evidence of voter fraud. Basically it's a non issue. Just a political dog whistle to conservatives to disenfranchise people who they would prefer not to vote.
    I would say if you want evidence of voter fraud look to Philly or Chicago. When I live in Philly, I went to vote, my reg had not moved so I was at the wrong polling site. at first the man there was helpful and had me fill out a new reg card. Ok, then he checked it for any mistakes. when he saw that I had checked Republican , his whole attitude towards me changed. I really thought he was going to throw the app in the thrash. When a supervisor saw what was happening, he stepped in and told the man to help someone else. He then took my app and place it in the box with the other apps.

Now in Feb. of this year A Philadelphia Election Board worker was arrested for allegedly tampering with voting machines and electioneering inside the polls.

Or the fact that at the last election you had a huge mural of The Big O next to the polling machines, it direct violation of election law.

Or the intimidation by the Black Panthers at several Philly polling sites in 2008.

For this reasons you should require id's to vote. They are needed for pretty much every thing today. Why not for voting? What you say, It is too much of a burden to wait in line for an ID. Well I had to wait in line for my ID, why should anyone else be different? IMHO
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Lebanon County)

Can you point out evidence of this fraud to us? Even when Corbett tried to institute voter ID's the court that overturned it said he failed to provide any credible evidence of voter fraud. State after state, no evidence of voter fraud. Basically it's a non issue. Just a political dog whistle to conservatives to disenfranchise people who they would prefer not to vote.
    Funny Supporters of the 'No Fraud' myth use circular logic. I don't think there is fraud, so there is none. A study is proposed to examine the issue, the response, there's no proof of fraud we don't need a study. No study means limited proof, so best to keep our head in the sand and not look to prove or disprove.

Let's look at the hypocrisy a little further. showing ID does NOT impact the 2A because the risk of damage from people buying through licensed dealers is so high, but the risk to the electorate of ineligible voters holds no damage as showing an ID disenfranchises people from the right to vote. So which is it, does showing an ID to exercise a right disenfranchise people, or don't it?

(Bucks County)

(Dauphin County)

Last edited by John222; August 29th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

(Bucks County)

Glad you brought that up, apparently they are eating crow now.
    Ok now please refute my post. Where I am wrong that there is no voter fraud in Philly.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    I would say if you want evidence of voter fraud look to Philly or Chicago. When I live in Philly, I went to vote, my reg had not moved so I was at the wrong polling site. at first the man there was helpful and had me fill out a new reg card. Ok, then he checked it for any mistakes. when he saw that I had checked Republican , his whole attitude towards me changed. I really thought he was going to throw the app in the thrash. When a supervisor saw what was happening, he stepped in and told the man to help someone else. He then took my app and place it in the box with the other apps.

Now in Feb. of this year A Philadelphia Election Board worker was arrested for allegedly tampering with voting machines and electioneering inside the polls.

Or the fact that at the last election you had a huge mural of The Big O next to the polling machines, it direct violation of election law.

Or the intimidation by the Black Panthers at several Philly polling sites in 2008.

For this reasons you should require id's to vote. They are needed for pretty much every thing today. Why not for voting? What you say, It is too much of a burden to wait in line for an ID. Well I had to wait in line for my ID, why should anyone else be different? IMHO
    And how would voter ID have changed anything above?

(Mercer County)

O yes because fox news is a great source of nonbiased media coverage. It isnt a tool to persuade people to think a certain way about a subject or anything. (Total Exaggeration)

(Bucks County)

And how would voter ID have changed anything above?
    Well doing nothing won't solve the problem either. How would you solve the voter fraud and intimidation in Philly?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    Well doing nothing won't solve the problem either. How would you solve the voter fraud and intimidation in Philly?
    Once again, there is no voter fraud. 31 suspected cased out of 1 billion votes is statistically irrelevent. And sometimes intimidation is in the eye of the beholder. As long as they are abiding by the law, nothing wrong is being done. Conservative "poll watchers" have employed similiar tactics.

http://news.yahoo.com/conservatives-...181406727.html

You can't solve a problem when there is no problem. Which is exactly why they can't prove there is a problem.

(Bucks County)

Once again, there is no voter fraud. 31 suspected cased out of 1 billion votes is statistically irrelevent. And sometimes intimidation is in the eye of the beholder. As long as they are abiding by the law, nothing wrong is being done. Conservative "poll watchers" have employed similiar tactics.

http://news.yahoo.com/conservatives-...181406727.html

You can't solve a problem when there is no problem. Which is exactly why they can't prove there is a problem.
    No it's, There is no spoon. But there is Voter fraud in Philly. And there are problems with the entire election machine. You just choose to ignore the problems even when they are staring you in the face. You didn't just drink the cup, you drank the full gallon of lemonade.

Ask anyone one from the south who was alive in the 1950's about voter intimidation. It is the same thing now in Philly.

Someone dress in a para-military uniform carrying batons standing guard in front of the doors of a polling center is voter intimidation. You don't have to take my word. Here is the picture....

Ok maybe you think those two are just 'boy scouts' standing outside.

Let me show real illegal intimidation inside the polling center.

Maybe because you live in Hershey and you don't live with the problems in Philly. I already told you how the Democrats in the city treat anyone who does not think like them. Move to Philly and one of two things will happen. You will either moved out or you will end up buried in Laurel Hill Cemetery. And you don't have to move out far from Philly to notice the change. Philly is only about a mile away. I could leave my car door unlocked and nothing will happen to it. Well enough about Philly, let's get back to Voter Fraud and changes.

The changes I would like to see in elections.

ID needed to vote. Everyone gets ID's, everyone needs ID's to travel, to buy smokes, or beer,to go to school, to buy a firearm or rifle from a FFL requires an ID. And every should be required to show ID to vote. IF we can help all people get heath insurance, then we can help all people get ID's to vote. Also with this idea would be a method to check to see if your vote was cast and if any changes were made between when you cast it and the numbers going to the election.

Stop re-redistricting. Gerrymandering is bullshit and both Republican and Democrats are guilty of it. All it leads to is the shit we have in Congress where nothing gets done. Maybe have all the districts the same size. That way the politicians have to make both sides happy (or at else not to piss them off)

Get rid of the elctorial college, made sense when the majority of voters were farmers and many people could not read or write. Get rid of it. Go with a plain popular vote for President and one for Vice-president, Greatest number of votes wins President, second greatest becomes Vice-president.

This country is not a two party political system. We have many parties. I would like to see equity between registered party member and representation in congress. For instance, if 35% of the people were democrats and 35% were republicans, and 20% Tea party 10% all remaining parties, The makeup of congress should reflection these same numbers. Since I was 17 and I voted for Reagan, I have always had to choose the lesser of two weevils.
    This has always annoyed me, almost to the point were I did not want to vote. But I have always voted because that is not only my right but also my duty. If you don't vote, you should not be allowed to complain about the gov't.

And most important, term limits. No more careers in congress. You want a career in gov't fine work as a civil servant. But these guys who spend and entire lifetime on the hill should be banned.

Do all these things and more people would vote and actually feel part of the system. Instead of being abused by the system. IMHO

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast