Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Exclamation PA sec 201,301,302 how to expunge

I'm trying to get info on how to have my record expunged, in order to reobtain my 2nd amendment right to bear arms. I had been 302'd involuntarily over 12 years ago, and had a dui not far apart from that. With that said, I'm a family man with 3 children. I want to be able to protect my family in the future when, heaven forbid, all this ISIS bullshit going on in the world right now comes to town. I mean, lets face it y'all, it's getting pretty hairy out there these days, thank you very much Mr. Obama, and I'm not about to just sit back and let me or my family get smoked by some sand junky from across the pond anytime soon. Anyway, I don't have a ton of money, and I'm sure the expungement process is a nightmare of an endeavor as far as costs goes. But with all of that to worry about, let alone what's already around, I think its good enough reason to try right or wrong. I've made my mistakes in the past. Furthermore, I've made even more retribution from my actions, and redemption for them ever since. Can anyone guide me or at least point me in the right direction which will help me expedite this process please? Lawyer referrals, seeking counsel, preferably pro bono "if possible" but I do doubt. Thanks...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA sec 201,301,302 how to expunge

With the current state of the law in PA today, you cannot get your rights restored from a 302. You can possibly challenge it as being invalid (improperly done, paperwork flaws, etc) and essentially prove it wasn't actually done. But if it was properly done, you are out of luck unless a bill that is currently in the PA legislature gets passed and signed into law.

Gunlawyer001 on this forum handles that type of work, but he is on the other side of the state from you. He may be able to give you some advice and point you to a good lawyer in your area.

Good luck. Hopefully the law will be passed soon that allows you a route to get your rights restored.

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Re: PA sec 201,301,302 how to expunge

Thank you for your input t1066. Any info will help. It feels like a hopeless and expensive challenge ahead. I refuse to allow a mistake from over 12 years ago, and the state/federal jurisdiction's views on the matter, deny me of my rights. I plan to fight this all the way to the shooting range. Have a nice day.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: PA sec 201,301,302 how to expunge

For one thing, utilize the search function on this forum as there has been many threads posted on this before with many responses to those threads. You might find some useful information there.

When it comes to things like this, I really don't think there is any way around it, you should find a lawyer that knows all about this and can point you in the right direction.

Sad to hear your story which is why when I talk to younger people about life and living a good one, is that I emphasize the decisions you make can have a wide ranging and long lasting effect on your life and the opportunities available to you. So choose well.