Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default What is the process for buying a DCM Garand??

How do they work the "accepting orders july 7th"?

First paper order in, first served?

Do you just fill all the forms out, send it in, assuming you will get the rifle?
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: What is the process for buying a DCM Garand??

There is not DCM anymore.... its called CMP.

Check out their website, its very informative and walks you through the process.

www.odcmp.com
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Blair County)

There are some "tests" and proofs :

Age 21 -- Birth Cert.

Knowledge of Marksmanship -- Carry Permit, FFL, US Mil. Service, Competition (score card).

Membership in a CMP affiliated club -- Am. Leg., VFW, (actual membership, no son, daughters, social). PA Rifle & Pistol Assn., or a local affiliated club, etc. Xerox of card.

Are You Real -- Notary Seal

Prices are VERY good, descriptions are VERY conservative ( used w/rust and damaged stock may mean unfired in vacuum sealed package).

Right now M1 Garands and M1 Carbines are being sold, sometimes auctioned. Greek M1 Rifle ammo is a GOOD guy, packaged in enbloc clips, NC, Boxer.

Steve Wagner

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWag View Post
    There are some "tests" and proofs :

Age 21 -- Birth Cert.

Knowledge of Marksmanship -- Carry Permit, FFL, US Mil. Service, Competition (score card).

Membership in a CMP affiliated club -- Am. Leg., VFW, (actual membership, no son, daughters, social). PA Rifle & Pistol Assn., or a local affiliated club, etc. Xerox of card.

Are You Real -- Notary Seal

Prices are VERY good, descriptions are VERY conservative ( used w/rust and damaged stock may mean unfired in vacuum sealed package).

Right now M1 Garands and M1 Carbines are being sold, sometimes auctioned. Greek M1 Rifle ammo is a GOOD guy, packaged in enbloc clips, NC, Boxer.

Steve Wagner
    Thanks. I have been all over the website, and saw the various things for sale, but was curious if I was to simply send payment with my order and hope for the best, or if they would reserve a rifle with a Credit card while my application was gathered..

Will def buy some ammo.

I have a couple of O3's that could use it.

I just got back into the shooting sports after a delay of rasing my kids (who are now old enough to join me,..yay)

Have always wanted a DCM (CMP, I know I am dating myself) Garand.

Maybe now I will have to buy 2...
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Allegheny County)

As far as I understand, they process the applications as they get them. I think there is a pretty good lag period right now for rifles as they have been getting so many orders. When ever they see that they may not have enough rifles to fill the orders that are coming in they will cut off excepting orders. If you get you order in before they cut them off, you will be sure to get one. You may have to wait a couple of months for it to be processed and sent out but it is well worth it.

Best of luck.
    Koli's back from Ambler.