Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Niles Guns and Gold, Wellsboro,PA

This shop sold a yugo sportized 8mm mauser to my step daughter. She is 8 months pregant and shows very well. No numbers match on this gun and the bolt would not close on a factory round. I called the shop today and started to politely tell the person on the other end what was wrong with the rifle. He cut me off and started cursing at me stating that he would not talk to me about my step daughter's gun! I couldn't believe what I was hearing......I live about 100 miles from that shop and that is a good thing. What course can I take to let that trench mouth know that he can't get away with treating people that way? I am a law abiding citizen and I won't break the law.

This post should be moved to Gun Shops. Thanks!
    Last edited by RiverRat; August 20th, 2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: wrong forum
    Flintlocks Rock!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Niles Guns and Gold, Wellsboro,PA

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    This shop sold a yugo sportized 8mm mauser to my step daughter. She is 8 months pregant and shows very well. No numbers match on this gun and the bolt would not close on a factory round. I called the shop today and started to politely tell the person on the other end what was wrong with the rifle. He cut me off and started cursing at me stating that he would not talk to me about my step daughter's gun! I couldn't believe what I was hearing......I live about 100 miles from that shop and that is a good thing. What course can I take to let that trench mouth know that he can't get away with treating people that way? I am a law abiding citizen and I won't break the law.

This post should be moved to Gun Shops. Thanks!
    I have never dealt with them. But it might be that they thought you were a 'straw purchaser' and had gotten it over them, risking the license. I would have your step-daughter call and explain the situation to them. In my experience most shops are reasonable and it might be a small fix. Please remember I am not a Lawyer and I don't know any of the parties involved. Good Luck.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    I have never dealt with them. But it might be that they thought you were a 'straw purchaser' and had gotten it over them, risking the license.
    Huh? That trench mouth took advantage of a young pregnant woman and he admitted on the phone that he sells guns only on what the previous owner told him. He told my daughter that the rifle was good to go. Obviously he lied!
    When I called him on it he went deep in the gutter with his language.

He ran a back round check on her so where does the straw purchase question come in?
    Flintlocks Rock!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Huh? That trench mouth took advantage of a young pregnant woman and he admitted on the phone that he sells guns only on what the previous owner told him. He told my daughter that the rifle was good to go. Obviously he lied!
    When I called him on it he went deep in the gutter with his language.

He ran a back round check on her so where does the straw purchase question come in?
    If he thought that the rifle was for you (since you called him and not her) then that would be the definition of a straw purchase. That was the point I was trying to make. Let her bring the rifle back to the shop (she should have a another female friend with her) and explain to the problems she has with the rifle. She might get lucky and get the matter taken care of right there. Being calm and honest is the best way to handle disputes with a LGS. Every LGS I have gone to has some guy who is an ASS. Normally the rest of the employee are going to be better than the ASS. If they are unwilling to fix the problem, then I have no other suggestion. AS before IANAL and my opinions are my own.

(Bucks County)

Some more info about Ron Niles, forget about other employees he works by himself. Also read about him in the shops section. and the region section covering Tioga. Some people have had problems before and some have not had any problems. I have no other info for you hope it helps.

(Susquehanna County)

Money refunded, issue closed.
    Flintlocks Rock!