Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default NRA Takes Aim At Elitist Bloomberg In New Ad

The National Rifle Association is taking aim at former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the nation’s biggest gun control advocates, in a new national ad campaign that seeks to paint the billionaire as an out-of-touch elitist.

NRA officials say the campaign, which kicks off Wednesday, is the first part of a multimillion-dollar push extending beyond November’s elections to drive up negative perceptions of the magnate among voters. They’ve dubbed the effort, “Meet the Real Michael Bloomberg.”

Bloomberg, who left office in January, announced plans this year to spend $50 million to build a grass-roots network of activists who feel strongly about reducing gun violence with a goal of beating the powerful gun rights group in political fights.

“Michael Bloomberg has declared war on the NRA and our 5 million members,” Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in an e-mail. “We will not sit back and let him use his billions of dollars to impose his radical anti-freedom agenda on the American people.”

He called Bloomberg “an arrogant hypocrite who thinks he knows best how people should live their lives.”

The ads, titled “Insult,” seek to tie Bloomberg’s gun control initiatives to controversial steps he took as mayor, including his effort to ban the sale of jumbo-sized sugary sodas as part of an effort to curb obesity.

http://bearingarms.com/nra-takes-aim...-new-ad-video/
    MikeP

(Delaware County)

Default Re: NRA Takes Aim At Elitist Bloomberg In New Ad

My honest opinion? That was a pretty weak attack ad. It didn't help that the narrator didn't sound very engaged or passionate.

(Blair County)

the thing is if the 5m members each give 10$ that = his $50m .
    so lets give 20$

(Lehigh County)

I think the ad is fine, it makes a point without sounding too much like a sleazy political ad. Too bad nobody will ever see it.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

He's just proof of what guys with $$$ and power want..

More $$ and power.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Saw the new "Fly Over" NRA against Bloomberg last night during the Little League WS game and this morning on Fox News.

Good ad. We need more though, especially some showing women saving their families with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post

Good ad. We need more though, especially some showing women saving their families with guns.

I've said the same thing. I thought Bloombergs not so anti ad a couple of weeks ago did a great job of this and the NRA should take note.

Show women protecting their kids.

Show old people protecting their lives late at night as someone breaks and enter.

Show handicap and or injured people protecting themselves.

Show a healthy person about to get a beatdown by 5 guys with various weapons.

Show a healthy person in a life or death situation protecting themselves with a firearm.

Basically show that there are a lot of legitimate situations where guns save lives of good people or from serious harm. Some people can kill with anything including their hands. A predator already has an advantage in that they have the mindset to harm others anyway they can. Guns are the equalizer that enable just about anyone to protect themselves from those that would do them harm.

Heck there are real life stories everyday that show this. Make that the feature of the ads.

(Mercer County)

Honestly. That ad was just weak. I'm disapointed being a NRA member. It was honestly confusing. He is a hypocrit who wants to take my gun, soda, and snacks? What? He states rural Colorado has no roads and that's what he thinks of my town? What?
    Last edited by wakefield724; August 21st, 2014 at 05:30 PM.

(Lebanon County)

I thought it was a good ad. Like was said, it (as well as other pro gun ads) need more exposure.
    WE ARE...PENN STATE!!