Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Phone call from Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    Where do you get $20 membership? I've seen $35 a year.

Hook me up!
    There was a life membership drive they had for $300 when I joined, particularly at the height of the Newtown madness (and I truly despise the MSM-generated controversies). My main issue is getting spammed with all sorts of mail for all the crap I receive and getting me to join in on the dozens of "offers" they have.

My wife has demanded I donate to the Second Amendment Foundation in the future instead, under the usual threat of "penalties".

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    Where do you get $20 membership? I've seen $35 a year.

Hook me up!

I dunno, sometimes $35, sometimes $20, I pay attention tot he deals and the spam, I sign up through my range or whatever. The NRA is always doinf drives to increase membership and sometimes I re-up to take advantage of a lower price even if I'm not due yet. Sometimes I pay full price.

It seems to change every time and the truth is I don't know what a membership costs, I just threw out the number.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pjj342 View Post
    Im met with Tom Wolf this morning and he promised action. He has been working hand in hand with the NRA for years, and is also concerned they are driving members away. Tom also donates millions of dollars to NRA ILA in support of gun owners, so lets just say hes got connections at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Action? Support? I'll bet.

Try being specific. Be very specific. Because I don't see Wolf supporting the Second Amendment in any conceivable way, and he himself has stated as much for at least the last 6 months.

Hint: The Second Amendment isn't about hunting. So please tell me why I should support him for Governor.

Still waiting on those 2A specifics, but all I'm hearing are *crickets*.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

I started this thread and after what I learned to today from our IT tech I kind of wish I didn’t.

He showed me with today’s technology you really can’t be sure who you are talking to even when you recall a number. His case in point was an example of a phone call that our office was asked to investigate looking for a donation to the Fraternal Order of Police of Philadelphia. He returned the call at the number and got and answering machine that gave him the route about how he should make the donation. Because the number did not seem right to him he research it further and found that the number was a phone number for an attorney’s office in San Francisco that had nothing to do with the Fraternal Order of Police.

His point of fact was with today technology it is easy for someone to misrepresent who they are, and as the tech put it many people are quick to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

I must admit that I am one of those people.

I do wish that the National Rifle Association would use their funds for defending the second amendment more and not do so much in mailing.

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=Curmudgeon;2814007]There is something seriously wrong with your knowledge. I guess this is going to sound like rocket surgery, but pick up your phone, and call that number back. Guess who answers?

SURPRISE!

It's the fawking National Rifle Association!

I don't pick up calls from number I don't know because one time some in my household did and there was an $400 charge on the phone bill. It took six month to get it off the bill.

THAT'S A BIGGER SURPRISE !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123