Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Phone call from Virginia

The NRA and I do not see eye-to-eye on several things, but they are the itch the anti's can't scratch, and I renew because it's cheap and I know it enrages the likes of Bloomburg, MDA, Shumer, Feinstein, Pelosi, Brady, CeaseFire, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Plus, I get a hat I can wear locally to make me personally the 800lb gorilla in the room. Add open carry to it, and it's the best $20 my entertainment money can buy.

To be sure I haven't forgotten SAF, FOAC, and MSI (Maryland Shall Issue, our friends to the south), but despite the work of SAF and Alan Gura, all the antis know is the NRA. So I join. Most places want $20 just for a hat with a logo, any logo. I get that plus a year's entertainment thrown in.

Bargain!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by lakota View Post
    To my knowledge the NRA has never solicit membership over the phone.

FUCK BIDEN

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by lakota View Post
    I received a phone call this AM from a phone number 703-291-9005 which I did not recognize so I didn't answer it. when I got home I mention it to my wife and she informed me that it's a number out of Virginia representing themselves as the NRA trying to sign up new members.

To my knowledge the NRA has never solicit membership over the phone.

Has any one else received this phone call?

Christian, conservative, law abiding, member of the NRA

There is something seriously wrong with your knowledge. I guess this is going to sound like rocket surgery, but pick up your phone, and call that number back. Guess who answers?

SURPRISE!

It's the fawking National Rifle Association!

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Indeed. I get the call about once a week or so. I dunno, no big deal, I just don't answer. It's not like I don't already get their emails, or read about what's going on 25 times over from all the guys reposting the same stuff on this and all the other 2A forums I read.

So, yup, they call. I hear they even post some stuff on youtube. Blast this new technology.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    The NRA and I do not see eye-to-eye on several things, but they are the itch the anti's can't scratch, and I renew because it's cheap and I know it enrages the likes of Bloomburg, MDA, Shumer, Feinstein, Pelosi, Brady, CeaseFire, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Plus, I get a hat I can wear locally to make me personally the 800lb gorilla in the room. Add open carry to it, and it's the best $20 my entertainment money can buy.

To be sure I haven't forgotten SAF, FOAC, and MSI (Maryland Shall Issue, our friends to the south), but despite the work of SAF and Alan Gura, all the antis know is the NRA. So I join. Most places want $20 just for a hat with a logo, any logo. I get that plus a year's entertainment thrown in.

Bargain!
    Great post!!!

After reading peoples complaints I just emailed the NRA telling them
    Some members are frustrated with their strategies and will not renew. I asked them to focus more on making members feel more important for being a 2A supporter rather than feeling like a NRA source of money. Treat the NRA like our government I say. If you don't like something, tell them. We are their only source of money so our words and opinions are powerful to them. It's weird. I don't get phone calls. I wish I did. I get bored sometimes

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Great post!!!

Some members are frustrated with their strategies and will not renew. I asked them to focus more on making members feel more important for being a 2A supporter rather than feeling like a NRA source of money. Treat the NRA like our government I say. If you don't like something, tell them. We are their only source of money so our words and opinions are powerful to them. It's weird. I don't get phone calls. I wish I did. I get bored sometimes
    Did you tell them about the highpoint and the black tires?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Great post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Im met with Tom Wolf this morning and he promised action. He has been working hand in hand with the NRA for years, and is also concerned they are driving members away. Tom also donates millions of dollars to NRA ILA in support of gun owners, so lets just say hes got connections at the top.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pjj342 View Post
    Im met with Tom Wolf this morning and he promised action. He has been working hand in hand with the NRA for years, and is also concerned they are driving members away. Tom also donates millions of dollars to NRA ILA in support of gun owners, so lets just say hes got connections at the top.
    Oh yeah. OK. Then all is good for the State if he is elected.

Thanks for swaying my point of view......

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pjj342 View Post

Action? Support? I'll bet.

Try being specific. Be very specific. Because I don't see Wolf supporting the Second Amendment in any conceivable way, and he himself has stated as much for at least the last 6 months.

Hint: The Second Amendment isn't about hunting. So please tell me why I should support him for Governor.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    No but I did inform them of the 4 giant African men who chased me as I rode my bike and the angry Latino men who keep fishing behind my house.
    On a more serious note, if your annoyed with NRA tactics you should shoot them an email. Don't complain about something, do something about it

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Bargain!
    Where do you get $20 membership? I've seen $35 a year.

Hook me up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast