Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Frustration - too close to MD

I'm new in the area and finding myself frustrated with how close I am to MD and what this means to me as a LTCF practitioner. I'm VERY concerned that I'm going to cross the border unknowingly while carrying (or transporting) and with my bad luck get pulled over and busted for violating their stupid ass laws. I never considered this factor when moving here.

(York County)

Default Re: Frustration - too close to MD

Unless you forget you are open carrying, the odds have to be pretty low on getting caught if you forget. Even if you get pulled over in md, how often do you get searched? Non issue in my opinion.

(Allegheny County)

I read in the other thread that the best practice when pulled over is to always be honest and volunteer that you are carrying - because that will always work out for you - you know... because you were being honest.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Angry Re: Frustration - too close to MD

I'm not offering up any info about carrying to the officer who would pull me over unless I had to (for whatever reason), however, I have such bad luck that I feel like I'd somehow get found out in MD and then be forever screwed. It's just a feeling I'm getting that's driving me crazy.

Oh, and I just found out that we live only miles from a nuclear power plant - we're not happy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I read in the other thread that the best practice when pulled over is to always be honest and volunteer that you are carrying - because that will always work out for you - you know... because you were being honest.
    ^^^This^^^

Except you forgot professional. Always be professional and happy!

Like me.

(York County)

Cop: "Do you know why i pulled you over today?"
    You: "Because of the dead hooker in the trunk and blow in the glovebox?"

Didnt you research the area at all before you moved? I guess you could always move again.

(Chester County)

Living in southeastern PA near NJ, MD, and DE one ALWAYS has to think ahead when driving somewhere. It amazes me, well maybe not, that driving across an imaginary border makes me a threat to humanity in government's eyes.
    Last edited by Pilot321; August 18th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

(Bucks County)

Cool Re: Frustration - too close to MD

The 'guy that shaves my beard' sometimes once drove into a state east of here and back so his wife could take a picture of her Mustang coming off the bridge. As soon as he realized the gun was on his hip he started sweating. There was a bicycle race in this state 'east of here' that day, and the State Police were directing traffic. This poor guy wound up with a Trooper leaning in the window admiring the '67 Mustang until the last bike went by. Then he went one block and turned around and flew across the bridge back to the Land of The Free!

He still trembles sometimes when he recalls just how close he came to not being free anymore! He assures me he will NOT make that mistake again.

(Wayne County)

We had a member here a couple of years ago who hit road construction and had his GPS route him through Maryland. IIRC, he got pulled over for a brake light being out or something while he had his gun in plain sight (possibly OC).

The cop apparently lived in PA, told the guy to get the hell back over the border, and not to do it again.

Winning the Powerball would have better odds.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Delaware County)

A company I used to work for surprised me by sending me on a route in Delaware, I figured concealed is concealed so I didn't give it a second thought .... until, when on the way back to PA, a Delaware Trooper pulls me into a truck inspection spot, where I gave it lots of second thoughts. When the trooper was done he motioned for me to come over to his car window to sign the paperwork, I did my best to keep my strong side away from him. Signed the papers and got my ass back to PA.

I think I lost a few pounds that day. The next day I was looking into getting a Utah permit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast