Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: !st thing I thought was I left my 380 in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I wonder if an OC'd firearm would have made a difference in this situation?
    Explain more - on the owner, the patron, or both...

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Apparently he have a pistol tucked in his back.
    Are you sure he did? Did you want to say

He had a pistol tucked in his back or...

He may have had a pistol tucked in his back...

(Philadelphia County)

See sig line.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly. -Theodore Roosevelt

Need the other half of the story to figure it out, but I just feel there are other details being left out. But from what i gathered I've gotta say both parties where wrong, the owner surely didn't start yelling for nothing and seems you got flustered over not knowing what he wanted from you and maybe some comments where said. This whole thing just jumps off the page to me as a blown out of proportion situation that didn't need to happen and could have been avoided by keeping a cool head and not assuming everyone is out to get you.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    Explain more - on the owner, the patron, or both...
    For the purposes of this explanation, let's assume a highly irate business owner and a befuddled customer. Cause and justification are immaterial.

If the owner came out simply wearing an OC firearm, and blasted the customer, it doesn't change things at all, IMO.

If the customer had been wearing an OC firearm, it may have caused the owner to check himself before launching his tirade, but maybe not.

If the customer had been concealed, and either reached for (stopping short of drawing) or drew and held at his side (pointed at the ground), there's a pretty good chance the police would have been involved; and, if the owner was armed too, perhaps much worse.

To me, it seems like the 'best' way to have the owner realize exactly what he was dealing with and to consider his actions accordingly is a way where the firearm doesn't have to be "revealed" in the middle of the conflict. OC would accomplish this goal.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Adams County)

I wouldn't have brought a gun into the situation at all. Nobody was physically threatened, no one was in danger. If your .380 had been on you, had you drawn it, you'd have been in the wrong, IMHO, and would have probably been arrested. If both of you had had guns, one or both of you could have gone to the hospital, jail or the morgue. All over words. Not worth it.

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
    I wouldn't have brought a gun into the situation at all. Nobody was physically threatened, no one was in danger. If your .380 had been on you, had you drawn it, you'd have been in the wrong, IMHO, and would have probably been arrested. If both of you had had guns, one or both of you could have gone to the hospital, jail or the morgue. All over words. Not worth it.

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    +15

I was just about to type that, a gun should have no bearing in this situation. Getting yelled at while may hurt your feelings doesn't warrant a gun, or violence at all for that matter. The folks saying to hit him and such would have most likely been arrested, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

To me, it seems like the 'best' way to have the owner realize exactly what he was dealing with and to consider his actions accordingly is a way where the firearm doesn't have to be "revealed" in the middle of the conflict. OC would accomplish this goal.
    Then again, an irate person does not rationalize appropriately for any given situation. Therefore, he could have thought, by seeing this person with an openly carried side arm, a threat - and an absolutely unnecessary use of force would have occured - and guaranteed one, or both being sentenced to prison time, at minimum. Worse, someone could have died - over a stupid disagreement.

Open carrying to protect a right is one thing - but to have it help stop a disagreement, well, that's just the wrong reason.

A firearm is there to protect a life, not to stop an argument from escalating.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

This Mitch guy should have told you on the phone he needed an actual hard copy of the pic, much like I remind my customers to please be sure to bring their hunting lisc with them, and if in MD that I also need their confirmation # for their deer.

Then Mitch shouldn't have been so assinine as to take your camera and make his stupid comment. Bad business practices.

Now I have had a few customers really piss me off, but they initiated it. One was this guy who calls on valentines day wanting to know if his deer was done. I had already told him it would be may or june, but he was really mad it wasn't done yet and let into me. I don't know what I said back to him, if I got back in his face or was calm. I got his deer done on MY time, and he came to get it then complained about the seam on the back I think to just be an ass( it was a spare cape I had to buy for him due to the original being no good on his part, and they cut it all the way down the back- I normally use a short incision), then gave me the balance $ and took the deer and left.

Another incident was this guy drops a deer off and gives me 200.00 cash, then 10 mins later comes back wanting to pick the deer up and get his money back. I was like WTF? We had chatted a while and everything was all friendly when he dropped it off. He says his uncle just called him and was going to pay to have the deer done, but it had to go the uncle's taxidermist ( why his uncle couldn't pay me to do it since I had it in my possession already was beyond me). Boy was I pissed and he KNEW IT, and basically we stared at eachother for like 5 mins, till I reluctantly gave him the money back and the uncaped deer. I thought that was the rudest thing ever, but I did not lose my cool and start screaming at the guy or anytthing.

Oh yeah I once had this customer ask if I did sexual favors LMAO, I was like "uhhh no..." and he hushed up. When he came to pick a mount up at a later date, I had some weirdo looking friends over just for him to see. After some 11-12 years I still have him as a customer btw, and he never said anything goofy like that again. Last time he was over I showed him my XD9 LOL. Now he KNOWS I won't take any crap LOL, but he's been nice ever since the initial incident, so I don't think he has the hots for me anymore anyway. He seems to have really mellowed out.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Chester County)

Just the fact that he chose to confront your wife, not you, shows what a dick he is. IMHO, there's nothing that could have been said in the entire conversation, taken in or out of context where he should have started in on her. I don't care if your wife let out a stream of curse words that would make a sailor blush, he should have faced you man to man to say his piece. Maybe your wife can stand up for herself just fine, but he didn't know that. I'm old fashioned that way.

And I would hope even if everyone involved were OC, it wouldn't have changed how anyone acted, however inappropriately. What transpired had nothing to do with who's packing what, and no one had any reason to be intimidated, or falsely courageous by the possession of a gun of any of the parties involved.
    Last edited by str8shooter; June 22nd, 2008 at 03:32 PM.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast