Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Ceasefire PA doing something right???

What do you think??? No protests here. Actually out in the Hood, doing something.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...reet-violence/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia CeaseFire has launched a new campaign that it hopes will stop violent shootings before they occur.

“The young man that just got killed…we all know him.”

Yellow caution tape is still wrapped around trees near 10th and York Streets where a 19-year-old man was gunned down last Thursday — but he is just one of many.

“Shooting in this community is not going to be tolerated,” says Quinzel Tomoney, supervisor with Philadelphia CeaseFire.

“People are living in a state of shock out here,” he says, “they think these types of shootings are normal — but they are not normal.”

Wearing a bright orange shirt, Tomoney lead a team of about a half-dozen outreach workers. The group canvassed block after block in North Philadelphia handing out fliers advertising the campaign — “When There’s Beef, Call Philadelphia CeaseFire and We’ll Squash It.”

Photo of Philadelphia CeaseFire organizer goes door to door leaving fliers.
    (credit: Cherri Gregg)

“We want to get out in front of the shootings before they occur,” says Tomoney, “we’re telling the community ‘give us a chance.'”

But they’re not cops or social workers.

“I used to be one of the guys doing this stuff out here,” say Martin Colon, 35. But he says his past is what gives him the “street cred” necessary to stop the killing.

“It makes it easier for me to find out what’s going on and to mediate whatever the situation is,” he says. “These are my people, this is my neighborhood, these are my aunts and grandmas.”

Philadelphia CeaseFire’s main contacts are in North Philadelphia, but if you call the hotline, they will connect you with grassroots community mediators in neighborhoods across the city.

If you know of a conflict in the streets, call 215-913-6917.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(York County)

Default Re: Ceasefire PA doing something right???

The old adage - even a stopped clock can be right twice a day.

Politics is all about people with differing interests coming together when their goals align.

So yeah, if they want to spend money and risk their lives keeping the peace in the streets because it's what aligns with their goals...they're welcome to do so, and I'll even applaud the effort. There is nothing wrong with a little non-violent de-escalation of a situation - heck it's one of the unspoken tenets of carrying a firearm - every fight you're in is now a gun fight - so try not to get in many fights.

When they start trying to diminish my rights because of things that are completely out of my control, I will then I have a problem.

(Monroe County)

After Consulting my magic 8- Ball Oracle I find the answers to my questions below

1)Q)Will some of these Ceasefire folks meet a tragic end?
    A)● It is certain

2)Q) Will Firearms be blamed
    A)● Without a doubt

3)Q) Will the antis celebrate their loss as a victory?
    A)● Yes definitely

4)Q) Will politicians use it to their advantage?
    A)● You may rely on it

(Berks County)

Not the objective they stated will be done.

It will turn into a massive voter registration and lobbying effort. The end result will be more 'voters' demanding gun bans.

This is a false flag, as Mom's Demand Action and Everytown is not working. It will get them free media coverage as well.

Since mediation is sooo effective in the urban inner city. Then with them claiming they tried but failed, because the streets are awash in illegal guns. This will give their cries for more gun control more credibility.

Just watch the Philly and next Pittsburg evening news........
    gotta love her ;)

(Delaware County)

I can understand the animosity towards CeaseFire, but making remarks that this is a "false flag"? That doesn't even make sense and just makes our side look like the bunch of braindead crazies the antis are constantly trying to paint us as to begin with.

If CeaseFire tries to start spinning this some other way at a later time then criticize away, but if this is the new direction the "gun violence" organizations are taking it is a welcome change in my book. This is a proactive effort that's actually targeted at one of the roots of the problem and I have a really hard time finding fault with this effort. Maybe we actually could help reduce violent crime if both sides got together to do more things like this, rather than just yelling the same old tired arguments at each other.

(Delaware County)

I seem to remember some saying that this is exactly what Heeding Gods Call and Brian should be doing instead of protesting in front of gun shops. Get out there in the hood and do their work with the gun toters.

It's a step in the right direction,,,,, will it work???? Probably not.

Maybe someone should notify HGC so they can help.

Anyone have a phone number for Brian?????
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    After Consulting my magic 8- Ball Oracle I find the answers to my questions below

1)Q)Will some of these Ceasefire folks meet a tragic end?
    A)● It is certain

2)Q) Will Firearms be blamed
    A)● Without a doubt

3)Q) Will the antis celebrate their loss as a victory?
    A)● Yes definitely

4)Q) Will politicians use it to their advantage?
    A)● You may rely on it
    Too bad I can't beer you instead of rep you

Let's see if they are actually trying to get to the root cause of the problem. If they truly are then I'll applaud them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bullrider718 View Post
    I can understand the animosity towards CeaseFire, but making remarks that this is a "false flag"? That doesn't even make sense and just makes our side look like the bunch of braindead crazies the antis are constantly trying to paint us as to begin with.

If CeaseFire tries to start spinning this some other way at a later time then criticize away, but if this is the new direction the "gun violence" organizations are taking it is a welcome change in my book. This is a proactive effort that's actually targeted at one of the roots of the problem and I have a really hard time finding fault with this effort. Maybe we actually could help reduce violent crime if both sides got together to do more things like this, rather than just yelling the same old tired arguments at each other.
    Brain dead crazies? Because we're not too stupid to fall for Cease Fire's bullshit? Please. We're the only group that's at least being honest with everyone. As has been said already, this is just another shady tactic of the gun grabbers to try and get what they want.