Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default "Tactical" Shooting in Bucks?

so most ranges make me feel claustrophobic ( i now its for safety, but a 18" lane isn't too comfortable"
    i don't need to do ninja rolls and then shoot, but some elbow room would be nice,

but im looking for a range in bucks that allows a little but of movement when shooting, i.e. engaging multiple targets,

so any ranges in bucks that can help me out?
    please exclude any ranges that require membership "service" i have a crazy work schedule that really doesn't allow me to spare a Saturday or week night

thanks for your help!!!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "Tactical" Shooting in Bucks?

Greetings,

Well, I can't say with certainty that none exist, but as far as I'm aware none do. All the ranges I've been to, been a member at or visited were restricted to the usual type of shooting lanes. At the ranges I'm a member or have been, there's already far too much damage to the infrastructure as is.

I really can't imagine any " sportsmans club" allowing tactical type practice. What you'd need to find is someone who owns a large rural property that's into doing the same thing. As for that being within Bucks, again possible, but doubt it. Good luck!

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by virus22x View Post
    so most ranges make me feel claustrophobic ( i now its for safety, but a 18" lane isn't too comfortable"
    i don't need to do ninja rolls and then shoot, but some elbow room would be nice,

but im looking for a range in bucks that allows a little but of movement when shooting, i.e. engaging multiple targets,

so any ranges in bucks that can help me out?
    please exclude any ranges that require membership "service" i have a crazy work schedule that really doesn't allow me to spare a Saturday or week night

thanks for your help!!!!

(Bucks County)

If you want something like this in Bucks county, you have to build it yourself.

I built my range with movement in mind although I don't like cluttering my property up with blue barrels and such like you see in some youtube videos. I did this after taking a couple SMG tactical shooting classes and getting an idea of what I was doing.

I would recommend that you go take some tactical shooting classes if you have not. To be quite honest, I would not let anyone I just met do any kind of dynamic movement shooting on my property if they hadn't done it before at a class or had some training.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    If you want something like this in Bucks county, you have to build it yourself.

I built my range with movement in mind although I don't like cluttering my property up with blue barrels and such like you see in some youtube videos. I did this after taking a couple SMG tactical shooting classes and getting an idea of what I was doing.

I would recommend that you go take some tactical shooting classes if you have not. To be quite honest, I would not let anyone I just met do any kind of dynamic movement shooting on my property if they hadn't done it before at a class or had some training.
    couldn't agree more 110%
    ive taken 2 classes now, and i was just looking for a club or a range that I can practice some basic positions that i learned in those classes, like a kneeling or a prone,
    shooting around a barricade/wall
    transitioning to a side arm
    but its tough,

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

Well, I can't say with certainty that none exist, but as far as I'm aware none do. All the ranges I've been to, been a member at or visited were restricted to the usual type of shooting lanes. At the ranges I'm a member or have been, there's already far too much damage to the infrastructure as is.

I really can't imagine any " sportsmans club" allowing tactical type practice. What you'd need to find is someone who owns a large rural property that's into doing the same thing. As for that being within Bucks, again possible, but doubt it. Good luck!

Regards, Jim
    lol, thats my 10 year goal, i want just a little chunk of land that i can shoot on and no one will bother me,
    a man can dream though..... a man can dream......

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by virus22x View Post
    couldn't agree more 110%
    ive taken 2 classes now, and i was just looking for a club or a range that I can practice some basic positions that i learned in those classes, like a kneeling or a prone,
    shooting around a barricade/wall
    transitioning to a side arm
    but its tough,
    If doable, you might want to check out the SEPA full auto shoot thread. It might accommodate some of your desires.

I have a scheduling conflict or I would surely sign up.

(Bucks County)

http://langhornerodandgunclub.com/ca...y=7&view=month

Open to public: several shoots per month. See calendar.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    http://langhornerodandgunclub.com/ca...y=7&view=month

Open to public: several shoots per month. See calendar.

great group to shoot with both service pistol ( $7 ~ 50 rounds open to public )and practical pistol ( $16 ~ 100 rounds open to public )are fun

(Bucks County)

i guess the competition shoots are cool. but you still have to wait a while until you get your turn and you still have to go through said course.
    for example if i just want to work on my kneeling position it might not be in the course or it might only be for 1 shot. i don't get good enough time to really isolate an individual skill

what about any state game land that i can target shoot on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast