Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default 104.7 Talk Radio Gone!

Well, it might as well be! 1320am sucks ass with reception! This is a huge let down, I hated Bloomdaddy (loved Quinn & Rose) but I need my Rush & Hannity!

Wow, like Pgh needed another country station, there's already Froggy & Y108........WTF?! Is there a petition or something? ........is anybody else missing their favorite hosts on FM? I'm already going through withdrawal.... In this day & age AM radio shouldn't even exist! The fuggin' reception has this constant hum that's always there and it sounds so far away you have to blast it. Am I rambling. This sucks.
    Last edited by EagleEye; August 8th, 2014 at 12:25 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 104.7 Talk Radio Gone!

Interference on AM bands is normally caused by atmospheric conditions or another electrical device interfering. I know that my 12vdc to USB charger I use in my vehicles interferes with AM across multiple frequencies. Which is interesting since per FCC regulations, those devices aren't normally allowed to interfere with other devices, but must accept any interference. So it would seem it's one more thing that the government isn't doing for us with these cheap Chinese electronics coming.

But anyway, if you have a cellphone charger in your car or nearby where ever you're listening, try unplugging it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
    Well, it might as well be! 1320am sucks ass with reception! This is a huge let down, I hated Bloomdaddy (loved Quinn & Rose) but I need my Rush & Hannity!

Wow, like Pgh needed another country station, there's already Froggy & Y108........WTF?! Is there a petition or something? ........is anybody else missing their favorite hosts on FM? I'm already going through withdrawal.... In this day & age AM radio shouldn't even exist! The fuggin' reception has this constant hum that's always there and it sounds so far away you have to blast it. Am I rambling. This sucks.
    Radio? I just listen to this stuff with an app on my phone. Reception comes in very well (;

WLXM 980AM application:

Imus until 9
    9-12 Chris plant
    12-3 rush or Alex jones, depending on my mood (uses AJs app for him)
    3-4 mike savage
    Last edited by free; August 8th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Radio? I just listen to this stuff with an app on my phone. Reception comes in very well (;
    Yup. Iheart Radio carries a lot of am stations. Even if your local one isn't one of them, there are plenty to choose from who are broadcasting what you want to hear.

(Lancaster County)

Believe it or not, not everyone has or wants a "smart" phone.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Believe it or not, not everyone has or wants a "smart" phone.
    oh I believe it. I don't want one either. But I have one.

I didn't have one before moving to PA though. Had no use for one. But being new to the area, having a GPS in my pocket everywhere I go is pretty handy. Being able to check email away from home also handy. Being able to record audio and video at any time (plenty of cops and nutty people here) also handy. Using it as a powerful portable radio, also handy. I rarely actually use it as a phone though.
    Last edited by free; August 9th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Yup. Iheart Radio carries a lot of am stations. Even if your local one isn't one of them, there are plenty to choose from who are broadcasting what you want to hear.
    i used that one for a while, but i got tired of their stupid commercials. Now i listen to different stupid commercials (;

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

I hear you. I'm closer to the tower than you (I think it's around Highland Park) but the reception still sucks ass. I can't even get it on my clock radio, but Bloomdaddy is no great loss. Still, Hannity sounds like crap on the way home. And to add insult to injury, COUNTRY music? I'd rather jam bamboo splinters under my fingernails. IMHO.

(Allegheny County)

There is not a talking head on either side of the isle that I can stand listening to for more than 10 seconds without wanting to drive my car into a lamp post at triple digit speed without wearing my seat-belt.

I don't care for pop, country, top 40. I used to listen to 105.9 but I got sick of what they are playing.

One night while driving home late I stumbled across 89.3 classical music. I was hooked. It's relaxing to me and blends into the background nice as I think about other things. No commercials, very little talk between music, 5 minutes of news and weather on the hour.

I rotate between classical 89.3, Pandora, MP3's on my phone, and sometimes audio-books for long trips.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I was amazed when I heard that Jack Bogut was tossed off WJAS a few days ago in preparation for the format change. I assumed he died years ago! He was on KDKA in the 70's when I was a kid.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast