Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: 104.7 Talk Radio Gone!

Radio is dying out I think. I can use the Wunderradio or Tune-in app on my phone and stream wirelessly through my car speakers tens of thousands of radio stations. I can also use the Rush or Mark Levin app to do the same to listen to their shows. Lots of radio stations are hard to pick up and don't have great audio quality.

(Allegheny County)

Just the next step in the squashing of the conservative talk radio platform.
    Red White & Blue stands for freedom, until it's flashing in your rearview mirror.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    oh I believe it. I don't want one either. But I have one.

I didn't have men before moving to PA though.
    Uh what?

(Washington County)

"Little Worshington" - That's a funny inside joke. My wife is from Little Worshington and while she doesn't do it, both her parents insert R's and end a lot of sentences with "N'at". I'm in West Alexander, so get a hold of me sometime and come out and shoot some MG's, our FA Tommy gun arrives Monday and I need a shooting buddy!

104.7 is my station of choice for Rush and Hannity, but I do enjoy NPR sometimes (I know, those leftist bastards burn my ass sometimes, but I do enjoy Car Talk and Wait-Wait Don't Tell Me."

UPDATE: I just took a trip into TSC today and just realized they already took talk 104.7 off the air... guess I should have read this entire thread.
    Last edited by WCMG; August 9th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Beaver County)

Even XM Satellite switches formats willy nilly. Like QuackXP said, classical is nice, but XM ditched one of their classical channels and put it on internet-only access, for which you must pay a fee in addition to the Satellite charge.
    As for NPR, yeah, Car Talk (cahr tawk) is a hoot, as is Wait-Wait, but the rest of it is whiny boo-hooing on steroids, or is it hemorrhoids?
    Last edited by alseg; August 9th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Believe it or not, not everyone has or wants a "smart" phone.
    Which is an ironic thing to say considering you have a QR tag in your signature.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    Which is an ironic thing to say considering you have a QR tag in your signature.
    Doesn't mean I have one.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    "Little Worshington" - That's a funny inside joke. My wife is from Little Worshington and while she doesn't do it, both her parents insert R's
    That's weird that you said that because my parents put an R in there too!lol And I don't know why...

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    There is not a talking head on either side of the isle that I can stand listening to for more than 10 seconds without wanting to drive my car into a lamp post at triple digit speed without wearing my seat-belt.

I don't care for pop, country, top 40. I used to listen to 105.9 but I got sick of what they are playing.

One night while driving home late I stumbled across 89.3 classical music. I was hooked. It's relaxing to me and blends into the background nice as I think about other things. No commercials, very little talk between music, 5 minutes of news and weather on the hour.

I rotate between classical 89.3, Pandora, MP3's on my phone, and sometimes audio-books for long trips.
    I tried 89.3 and It must be far away from this area because I received it about as bad as AM. I hate change, now my drive is between CBradio, CD's, 105.9TheX, 102.5WDVE, 96.9Bob, 94.5WWWS or 95.3WJPA, 99.7Wish, Q92.9

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I hear you. I'm closer to the tower than you (I think it's around Highland Park) but the reception still sucks ass. I can't even get it on my clock radio, but Bloomdaddy is no great loss. Still, Hannity sounds like crap on the way home. And to add insult to injury, COUNTRY music? I'd rather jam bamboo splinters under my fingernails. IMHO.
    LMAO! Yeah there's very few Country songs I like. ...very few

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Radio? I just listen to this stuff with an app on my phone. Reception comes in very well (;

WLXM 980AM application:

Imus until 9
    9-12 Chris plant
    12-3 rush or Alex jones, depending on my mood (uses AJs app for him)
    3-4 mike savage
    I have the I heart radio app but I don't have a way to hook it to my car/truck speakers. Anyhow, my Casio Commando 4G would be a thousand degrees if I had it on that app all day long! I have a battery app and I've seen it say "status-overheat" 119°

^While there's some good options/suggestions ITT nothing is going to fill this void in my day. Even if I get the Sirius turned on in my car the Fox News won't have Pittsburgh local stuff on there. It won't be as "personal" as 104.7 was for me, I liked the sexy fox girl's voice that said "From the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Pittsburgh traffic & weather" ......... and then I could find out where the jam ups were and if anything crazy was going on in the city because 5 days a week I find myself in all parts of the city for work.
    R.I.P. 104.7 Fox News Radio R.I.P.
    Last edited by EagleEye; August 10th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

I gave up on all the radio stations in the Pittsburgh and Greensburg area a year ago. I listen to Cousin Brucie on 60 on 6 SiriusXm radio all the time now.

(Butler County)

I became hooked on Radio Classics on the satellite radio years ago. Love those old radio shows. My wife and daughter make fun of me, but I don't care. Jack Benny was really funny!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast