Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Action Pistol Match

There are a few changes to this months match. I don't have the round count yet but wanted to get this info out as soon as I could. This is direct from the email that Pete sent everyone on the list.

Greetings all,
    With the increased participation in the Matamoras Action Pistol matches; it has become apparent that the way matches were run is no longer a workable situation.

I am pleased to announce that I am making some changes to the program that will, hopefully, make your shooting experience more enjoyable and conclude in a more reasonable time frame.

First, I will be adding an additional squad in order to reduce the number of competitors waiting their turn to shoot. The additional squad will be stationed on the 200 yard range with two stages facing at an angle to the side of the existing pistol pit. These stages will be rather simple and quick shoots. There will be only 1 stage in each of the other pistol pits and 2 stages in the 50 yard range. Still a total of 6 stages with the same approx. round count.

Second, Lunch has been an issue and participation has dropped drastically what with the lateness in finishing the match. We can no longer take advantage of our club volunteer who staffed the kitchen so the Club will no longer provide lunch. HOWEVER, I have been able to interest a reputable mobile hot dog vendor to come to the Club at approx. 12 noon on match day and set up first at the 50 yard range to offer service to that squad, and then move to the pistol pit and service the remaining squads. Her prices are 1 dog for $2.50, Soda is $1.00 and Chips $1.00. She will usually have a special but $6.00 will definitely take the wrinkles out of you stomach.

Third, Registration of 60 plus people the morning of the match is getting to be too complex. Therefor, when I send out the match announcement the SATURDAY of the week before the match, there will be a link to a web site where you will be expected to pre-register. I assure you this will only take a minute of your time. When you get to the web site you will have to enter a unique 5 digit number after the letter M (Matamoras). This will be your unique match entry number from then on. Now all you have to do is put in your name, division, classification, select your squad and sub category if any (Junior, Senior, Super Senior, Lady, etc.). Pre-registration also helps greatly when it comes time for data entry and calculating the scores.

Then when you arrive at the club on match day AT THE CLUBHOUSE, your score sheet will already be made out. At that time you will pay the match fee and then report to the range. The squads will be by the squad leader, Peter, Brent, Sal, and Scott. This way you can squad yourself with your buddies.

Registration will CLOSE at 9:30AM so make sure you arrive on time in order to enter the match.

Of course, management has the right to make any changes deemed necessary to balance the squads as may be required. Squad leaders may change based on availability.

New shooters or competitors without computer access or ability may still walk up and register on match day. New shooters will also be required to fill out a waiver form.

If attendance increases much beyond the 60 shooter mark, it may become necessary to put a limit on match capacity. Lets test drive these changes first and see how they work out.

As you can see, we are evolving in an attempt to improve your match experience and enjoyment.

See you at the range,
    Peter

(Pike County)

Default Re: Action Pistol Match

Do you welcome new shooters? Is there any oreintation beside saftey meeting for new shooters?

(Lackawanna County)

yes everyone is welcome. you will not find a more open and welcome bunch of people than the shooting community. everyone will help you and ensure you have fun. there are no pros and no one getting paid to be there. last match there were idpa expert shooters who freely and openly helped those of us who are just starting out. they didnt care they had no idea who we were they just wanted everyone to be safe and have fun.

there is also another post for a basic orientation to action pistol next week as well.

(Pike County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-cour...ing-class.html
    Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    Do you welcome new shooters? Is there any oreintation beside saftey meeting for new shooters?

(Pike County)

So who's in? Myself (Clint), Nate, Jim, Aaron, Cliff, Snert (if he's done milking his shoulder injury)

(Lackawanna County)

I'll be there as of now. Can't see any reason I won't be. Jim is back to work no excuses now. We need someone else to heckle. Aaron May have Steve with him too

I'm in! Love these events.....

Shot in an IDPA event over last weekend.... I'm not sure how much I like the additional rules, I took a few procedural penalty's ...

I really like Peter's Relaxed rule set....

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by nuccx2001 View Post
    I took a few procedural penalty's ...

You forgot to put up your hands didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    You forgot to put up your hands didn't you?
    Shooting out of Tactical Sequence
    Reloading on the move + Dropping non-empty mag (which was empty, but gun still had one in chamber)

(Pike County)

I'll be at the shoot. Also glad I signed up for the class early. Just got the email saying its full.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast