Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Looking for Vorted Dealer in S.C. PA

I'm looking for a Vortex Dealer in the South Central PA area that actually has scopes in stock. Specifically I'm interested in a Vortex Viper PST, 2.5-10x44 with the MRAD ret. I've seen a couple of places on the 'net that do have this scope available to ship, but I'm a little reluctant to pull the trigger on something, that costs over $500, that I've never even seen in the flesh. Everything I've read has convinced me that this scope is what I'm looking for, but it's still a good chunk of change to risk. If anyone knows of someplace that actually has one in stock, or possibly someone that has one that might let me take a look at it, I'd love to hear. Thanks.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Looking for Vorted Dealer in S.C. PA

Try searching on here .

www.*vortexoptics.*com
    Last edited by GrumpyBear; October 19th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(York County)

Thanks for the response. I've contacted the dealers listed on their website that are within 100 miles or so. Basically none of them actually stock more than a couple of the lower priced scopes. They all wanted to order one for me, but if I order it and it doesn't work I'm still obligated to buy it. I know that there are other gun shops, etc. that sell Vortex scopes (Ex.: Trops in Elizabethtown) that aren't listed on the Vortex site and I was hoping that maybe someone here might have another lead worth following up on. I like to patronize my local dealers when it's possible, and the price is workable, but I'm not opposed to buying from one of the online dealers. I've actually bought a lot of stuff on-line, including firearms, and have never really had a serious problem doing so. The issue here is that I have no previous experience with Vortex products, and haven't actually even seen or held one of these scopes, so I'm somewhat uneasy spending $500+ with no return option. Even if I could take a look at one somebody else owns it would tell me an awful lot about it. Thanks again.

(Chester County)

How far are you from Cabelas? I can't say about that specific model, but they stock quite a few Vortex scopes.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Lackawanna County)

i did the same thing. I ended up being sight unseen. You wont be disappointed.

(York County)

Thanks again everyone for your input. I have checked into Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Gander Mtn. Unfortunately none of those (at least the one's in my area) carry the scope in stock, although a couple could supply it through their websites. At this point I'm not in a pressing timeframe to purchase a scope for this rifle (but I'd like to get one as soon as reasonably possible) so I think I'm going to wait at least a little while in the hope that I might run across someone that has one I can check out in person, or maybe see one at a gun show in the near future. Maybe I can find a dealer that would be willing to order one in with the option for me to return it (although I do understand that that is really asking a lot!). Who knows, maybe I'll find another scope that fits my needs in the meantime too. Thanks everyone.

(Montour County)

Youngs Sporting Goods in Northumberland carries Vortex and has about 10-12 different models on display/in stock. They have weird hours so I suggest you call before making the trip.

(Beaver County)

Just did a search on that model ( I Think ).

Came up with:

Deer Valley Sporting Goods
    4375 West Market Street
    York, PA 17408
    717-792-4667

No idea if they really have one or not,good luck.

I have a 6x24 Vortex Crossfire that I bought used and really like.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Somerset County)

Try Bear Basin Outfitters http://www.bearbasin.com/ . I've used them several times and am completely happy. Here's their return policy:

We guarantee 100% satisfaction with the products we carry. On returns/exchanges we will refund the cost of the item returned less our shipping, handling and order processing costs. It is necessary to get an authorization number before returning an item. It helps us keep track of your incoming package. Returns made after 30 days will be subject to a restocking fee. Special orders are subject to a 15% restocking fee. All return items must be in their original condition (i.e., scopes cannot be mounted) and include all original documentation. Sales on exchange items are final.

Or try these guys: http://www.cameralandny.com/ I've never used them but they have a great reputation on another forum for service and deals.

Dale

(Franklin County)

I don't have the specific model you're looking for but I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 TMCQ you can take a look at. You would at least get to see the quality of the product. My warehouse is about half an hour from Dillsburg, off the Allen Rd exit of 81. I would be willing to meet for a few minutes some evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast