Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Snyder County)

Default CC in a County Government Building

Is anyone aware of any laws keeping someone from CCing in a county government building. The reason I ask is our comm center has moved from the county courthouse to another county gov. building allowing me and some others to cc while at work. I have not been able to find anything and I wanted to double check here. Thanks
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

(Franklin County)

Default Re: CC in a County Government Building

As long as the building does not house a 'court facility' you are clear legally, and there is nothing the county can do to prevent a citizen from carrying there because of preemption (6120).

However, an employer can require an employee to follow a policy as a condition of employment. Even if violating that policy is not illegal, it can cost you your job.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Snyder County)

Default Re: CC in a County Government Building

Ok, that's what I thought. The county does not have a policy in reference to cc while at work. The only thing I saw in the policy manual for us was under the discipline action section which says, you can be disciplined for carrying concealed weapons. I wonder how they can discipline someone when there's no policy for that offense.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson