Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Gun bash October 19 Monaca

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Are you going to be there?
    Yes. I'd buy you a ticket if you were closer and if they were still available. Who wouldn't want to spend an afternoon learning about the great streaker?

Arrow Re: Gun bash October 19 Monaca

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Yes. I'd buy you a ticket if you were closer and if they were still available. Who wouldn't want to spend an afternoon learning about the great streaker?

Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lycoming County)

Uh OH Streaker, Someone has a man crush on ya.

(Mercer County)

3 more days. Anyone else excited as Me?

(Mercer County)

Worse gunbash I ever attended. Wasn't a very fun environment it was more like a "hey give us your money so we can go home". They only had 3 side raffles. 1 gun safe, the 5 dollar and 3 dollar table. I highly disliked the 5 and 3 dollar table set up. I assumed as well as many other ppl when you buy a 5 dollar ticket it's good all night for the 5 dollar raffle. In reality they discarded the tickets after every gun on the 5 or 3 dollar table raffled, and then sold new tickets making the old ones unusable, this was never explained. They did this 25 rounds and would not draw until all the new tickets were sold so at times you'd sit for 50 min before they drew. They did the same exact thing with the 50/50 by having 3 different rounds.
    The crazy thing is 3 of the 20 big prizes out of the 1000 tickets sold were won by ppl running the raffle. The crowd started booing the third time because it was getting ridiculous. I believe it could of maybe been set up that way but I guess miracles can happen.

I will never be attending that one again.
    On a positive note they did have good food.
    Last edited by wakefield724; October 20th, 2014 at 03:54 PM.

Worse gunbash I ever attended. Wasn't a very fun environment it was more like a "hey give us your money so we can go home". They only had 3 side raffles. 1 gun safe, the 5 dollar and 3 dollar table. I highly disliked the 5 and 3 dollar table set up. I assumed as well as many other ppl when you buy a 5 dollar ticket it's good all night for the 5 dollar raffle. In reality they discarded the tickets after every gun on the 5 or 3 dollar table raffled, and then sold new tickets making the old ones unusable, this was never explained. They did this 25 rounds and would not draw until all the new tickets were sold so at times you'd sit for 50 min before they drew. They did the same exact thing with the 50/50 by having 3 different rounds.
    The crazy thing is 3 of the 20 big prizes out of the 1000 tickets sold were won by ppl running the raffle. The crowd started booing the third time because it was getting ridiculous. I believe it could of maybe been set up that way but I guess miracles can happen.

They posted that they hope next year Wakefield wont go so they can have a better quality of visitors...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lawrence County)

Worse gunbash I ever attended.

I assumed as well as many other ppl when you buy a 5 dollar ticket it's good all night for the 5 dollar raffle. In reality they discarded the tickets after every gun on the 5 or 3 dollar table raffled, and then sold new tickets making the old ones unusable, this was never explained. They did this 25 rounds and would not draw until all the new tickets were sold so at times you'd sit for 50 min before they drew. They did the same exact thing with the 50/50 by having 3 different rounds.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's the first gun bash you ever attended because I've been to dozens of them and they are all set up that way. The $5 ticket you are talking about was a strip ticket with 5 numbers, correct?

(Butler County)

Well save your money and don't go to anymore because they are all pretty much the same. Normal for a side gun raffle for an approximate $500 gun would be to sell 200 tickets at $5 each. Basically working the same as a 50/50

(Westmoreland County)

His head might explode at the FOAC bash.

1000 tickets sold, approximately 5-600 attendees, $2, $3, $5, and $10 table drawings, approximately 6-7 of each, plus a never ending stream of $100 50/50's. It's the most expensive ticket I buy, that's not a "Sportsman's Bash" ticket. Takes a ton of luck to hit the door ticket, but no doubt the best selection of quality and tactical guns on any ticket in the area. Plus extra tickets to buy for the "all-day" 50/50; the "Mystery Gun" and the Gun Safe extra with 3 guns in the safe. Add in the impromptu "Crazy Chris" $20 deal ticket that sells out in, like 10 minutes, and Wakefield would have to pawn his 4k rifle have cash for tickets.

I've bought tickets for each of the FOAC bashes, twice a year, and hit once on the door ticket for a Glock 21 and this last bash I hit a $5 table and took a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308. They sell 250 tickets for each table drawing, so the $5 table raises $1250 and you end up with a gun that retails for $850 +/-. Most bashes do a $5 table, 200 tickets and raise $1,000, with choices being in the $500-575 range. $3 tables raise $600 and you get a choice of guns between $300-400. I was just at a bash where they did 12 $3 table guns and 6 $5 table guns from 5pm-10pm. That's moving them at a pretty good clip. I've been to really bad bashes and really awesome ones, and the bad ones really suck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast