Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Friend pulled a gun yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    And what cops would that be?

PSP? That could be such a low priority call they never come. Trust me. I've been on scene with combative patients, or requested PSP to secure scenes of suicidal patients, and been told PSP was not available, period.

Or it could be, given the nature of the crime (fishing) that the punt it to The PA Fish & Game Commission. How long do you think it takes one of their officers to respond?
    We've come to the apex of accepting the nanny state when people demand that government officers come to the rescue when a property owner wants a tresspasser to leave.

With rights come responsibilities. On one hand you should exercise your rights responsbily, and on the other hand you are responsible for you and yours. My property is my responsibility, and until my property is overrun by a mob of tresspassers, I am free to, and expected to, handle the problems myself. That's my responsibility.

Most of the nanny state liberals, and those brought up in the curent public education system, disagree with what I said about individual rights and responsibilities. They are wrong, and need to be corrected; they are ushering in a totaliarian government. Our community, of all people, should understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    We've come to the apex of accepting the nanny state when people demand that government officers come to the rescue when a property owner wants a tresspasser to leave.

With rights come responsibilities. On one hand you should exercise your rights responsbily, and on the other hand you are responsible for you and yours. My property is my responsibility, and until my property is overrun by a mob of tresspassers, I am free to, and expected to, handle the problems myself. That's my responsibility.

Most of the nanny state liberals, and those brought up in the curent public education system, disagree with what I said about individual rights and responsibilities. They are wrong, and need to be corrected; they are ushering in a totaliarian government. Our community, of all people, should understand that.
    Sometimes, you and I agree. This would be one of those times.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sometimes, you and I agree. This would be one of those times.
    For sure! I wish we would agree more often, but I am happy when do!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    For sure! I wish we would agree more often, but I am happy when do!
    I repeat: see post #283

Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That's not an accurate summation of the story. The story is that the gun was pulled because a man with whom angry words were exchanged, one of three who was trespassing, began running at the homeowner. At that point it's not about fishing or trespassing, it's about reasonable self-defense, and "brandishing" a firearm requires a lower threshold than pulling the trigger.

Pretty much any government form asks you your gender, age, race, and size. The OP covered all four. Not sure how it becomes racist when the serfs use the same descriptors as our masters in government.
    Thank you for mirroring my feelings. ;-)
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930