Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: What Is Ammo Hoarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Hoarding is a term created by crybabies to describe those smarter and/or more fortunate than themselves.

I have a shitload* of ammo I bought last year that I haven't shot and may not any time soon.
    Am I hoarding it? Who gives a fuck? I paid for it - I'll shoot, or not shoot as fucking much, or little as I fucking want.

*shitload is a relative term. I know there are those with many, many more shitloads of ammo than me. You know what though? I don't care. Good for them! Glad they can do it. "Hoard" away!
    Sums it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Better'n being a metrosexual.

"Collector" - I like that. Yeah, like comic books.
    And that too.

I have enough ammo and components for reloading on hand to keep me going for years. Even then, I'm still adding at a pace quicker than what I'm expending. This BS has been going on long enough that any seasoned gun owner should have had the sense to put some extra away for tough times. There have been enough lulls in the storm to do just that. Besides, the stuff is not likely to get any cheaper in the future.

The only people I feel bad for are the new gun owners. Other than that I find all is grumbling amusing.

(Blair County)

I don't hoard, I just bought 7.62x54r cheap in tins. Something told my feeble young mind that $40 for 440 rounds wasn't going to last forever.

Most of my buddies in college thought I was just crazy.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Northampton County)

Hoard is such an ugly word. I prefer "Depot."

(Cambria County)

I must confess , I am a hoarder ! So what , it's my money that I worked hard for .

Hi Joe
    DAN

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    To fill up that kind of space would be, hmm...let's do some math on that. I wonder how many rounds of 5.56 can fit in a 120mm mortar ammo can. Anyone know? I can stack those 3 high by maybe 6 wide at least in one small closet I can think of and still have room for stuff.
    My armory room, no shit, has a purposefully reinforced floor to take the weight. Ammo at the end of the day doesn't take much room, but it is heavy.

As I said, I think people can get crazy stupid with it, but I see ammo as a key part of diversifying investments. Ammo can be a tradeable or saleable commodity or to be used in a collapse of civil society, fending off obama sycophants, hunting for food or other such things.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    I, too, am an ammosexual. The dad of a good friend of mine was storing about 20,000 rounds in various calibers not all that long ago. Seeing how quickly ammo can go I think several times that is still acceptable.
    That's probably a good quantity. I think it's all relative. Someone who is on tight finances with responsibilities who is bankrupting themselves buying up every box of 22LR they can when they only shoot a few times a year, that to me is being foolish and being a hoarder.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I have enough ammo and components for reloading on hand to keep me going for years. Even then, I'm still adding at a pace quicker than what I'm expending. This BS has been going on long enough that any seasoned gun owner should have had the sense to put some extra away for tough times. There have been enough lulls in the storm to do just that. Besides, the stuff is not likely to get any cheaper in the future.

The only people I feel bad for are the new gun owners. Other than that I find all is grumbling amusing.
    IMO any pro 2A person that shoots regularly should take the time to learn how to reload. It's a useful skill to have and even if you don't want to have it as a hobby or have that much interest in it, it's a good thing to know. I went from nothing late last year to making thousands of rounds successfully and cutting my costs all the while having the ability to make my own and even to custom make different rounds. It's completely put my mind at ease and eliminated any worries I have about ammo.

(Chester County)

Corollary question - how much do you have to reload before you become a manufacturer?

Is is still hoarding if you make it yourself?

(York County)

I'm trying but having a real hard time hoarding.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    IMO any pro 2A person that shoots regularly should take the time to learn how to reload. It's a useful skill to have and even if you don't want to have it as a hobby or have that much interest in it, it's a good thing to know. I went from nothing late last year to making thousands of rounds successfully and cutting my costs all the while having the ability to make my own and even to custom make different rounds. It's completely put my mind at ease and eliminated any worries I have about ammo.
    Get into casting and you'll be even further liberated.
    Last edited by pennlineman; July 27th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast