Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Dead on case trimmer

I was looking for a new case trimmer.I was using a lee trimmer. I wanted something faster and a cutter that would stay sharp longer.And not to expensive

link to a review I seen while searching.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=2672977

There are 3 other similar trimmers out there also.I chose the dead on to try

CTS trimmer
    Trim it case trimmer
    Worlds finest trimmer

I got the trimmer in the mail today and it is very nice and easy to set up and like the name says it was dead on after getting it adjusted.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Dead on case trimmer

So Rudy,

Has the trimmer lived up to your expectations?

I've been using a Forster for decades. I've always been very happy with it. When doing a large batch of cases, the locking down of the case can get a bit timely and rough on my old wrists.

I watched the video of the Dead On. I'm curious if it works as easily with a hand drill and is it difficult keeping a level cut?

How about giving us a review.

fritz
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    So Rudy,

Has the trimmer lived up to your expectations?

I've been using a Forster for decades. I've always been very happy with it. When doing a large batch of cases, the locking down of the case can get a bit timely and rough on my old wrists.

I watched the video of the Dead On. I'm curious if it works as easily with a hand drill and is it difficult keeping a level cut?

How about giving us a review.

fritz
    Here is a pic of the drill that is used.Drill has to have a 1/2 inch chuck.
    The side handle on the drill puts it in a good position for doing the trimming.

The adjustments on the trimmer are accurate.And easy to do and hold there adjustments.

Trimmed about 1000 223 since getting it.Its set at 1.750 out of 10 trimmed brass 7 of them are at 1.750 and 3 are at 1.749 most of them are like that.

Every once in awhile it can vary up or down by a couple thousands more.

Usually using a q tip to clean the trimmer.Were the brass sets in the trimmer is all it takes to get the length good again.

It is very messy to use if using the drill on its highest speed.Takes about 3 seconds to trim.The cut is level and clean. Not much deburring is needed.

I like it.

(Tioga County)

To keep the brass trimming contained while doing this, get a $3 clear plastic bin with lid at Lowes, Home Depot or Wal mart. About a foot long, at least 8 inches deep and wide. Cut a square in one side for your hand with the brass, cut another hole on the other side for the drill bit. To use put the bin on it's flat lid and do all brass trimming inside the bin. With the clear plastic you can see what's going on and almost all the brass trimmings will be contained within the bin/box.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    To keep the brass trimming contained while doing this, get a $3 clear plastic bin with lid at Lowes, Home Depot or Wal mart. About a foot long, at least 8 inches deep and wide. Cut a square in one side for your hand with the brass, cut another hole on the other side for the drill bit. To use put the bin on it's flat lid and do all brass trimming inside the bin. With the clear plastic you can see what's going on and almost all the brass trimmings will be contained within the bin/box.
    I will have to give that a try.Thanks