Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Delco LTCF Process

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but my mom wants to get an LTCF and she lives in Delco. Doing a cursory search ends up with pages of discourse and few answers. What is she looking at going through to get it? Multiple weeks? Called contacts? As many roadblocks as possible?

I live in Centre County so I was in and out in 10 minutes with my permit, but I can't tell her what to expect. Thanks
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delco LTCF Process

It's not going to be 10 minutes.

My initial LTCF took about 50 days (it's supposed to be within 45 days they say they have "business" days) my references were contacted and my employer. (I understand they don't do the employer anymore).

For my renewal, no one contacted and about 3 weeks.

(Delaware County)

I would say it is low on the pita scale. It takes a little while but no hoops to jump through. They did not call my referances or employer. From the info I have come across within the last year or so it seems to be a couple to a few weeks wait. I am not sure if they still have extended and Saturday hours.

EDIT: http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/weapons.html

This link should help at least with the hours and such.
    Last edited by mpan72; July 16th, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Same here, filled out the paperwork, no references were called and a few weeks later I had my ltcf. It's really painless.

(Delaware County)

Renewal last month. No problems. Fill out the application. They check it over. Pay the $20. No references called. No attitude. Less than 2 weeks I had my letter to pick up my LTCF. New applications my take a little longer. They have a sign that says Social Security is not required but will speed up the process. I did not provide it. They then asked if I would give them the last 4 digits. Can't see how it would have been any quicker since I was not getting it that day one way or another.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Renewal last month. No problems. Fill out the application. They check it over. Pay the $20. No references called. No attitude. Less than 2 weeks I had my letter to pick up my LTCF. New applications my take a little longer. They have a sign that says Social Security is not required but will speed up the process. I did not provide it. They then asked if I would give them the last 4 digits. Can't see how it would have been any quicker since I was not getting it that day one way or another.
    That's good to know; I'll tell her to put her last four or nothing then. Thanks!
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

My youngest just got his just got his a couple weeks ago - 6 business days from submitting application to getting his approval letter.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Montgomery County)

My mother took her application into the Media earlier this week, paid her twenty dollars to the oppressor, and then the lady behind the counter told her it would take between 45 and 50 BUSINESS DAYS to process the application. I wish I hadn't been at work because when in the hell has 50 business days ever been a normal processing time?

I'm truly hoping the woman said this to cover all her bases and it will really only take a couple weeks, but where does she get the gall to tell a law-abiding citizen it will take up to 50 business days to process an application? That is clearly against the law and not even slightly up for debate like some people think the "business days" may be...
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    My mother took her application into the Media earlier this week, paid her twenty dollars to the oppressor, and then the lady behind the counter told her it would take between 45 and 50 BUSINESS DAYS to process the application. I wish I hadn't been at work because when in the hell has 50 business days ever been a normal processing time?

I'm truly hoping the woman said this to cover all her bases and it will really only take a couple weeks, but where does she get the gall to tell a law-abiding citizen it will take up to 50 business days to process an application? That is clearly against the law and not even slightly up for debate like some people think the "business days" may be...
    It is against the law... They have 45 CALENDAR days to approve it
    Call the Sheriff and inform him that his employees are incorrectly trained on the law and they are opening his office up to lawsuits

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    It is against the law... They have 45 CALENDAR days to approve it
    Call the Sheriff and inform him that his employees are incorrectly trained on the law and they are opening his office up to lawsuits
    I'll definitely be calling Sheriff Hopper's office Monday morning.
    Last edited by PennStateCarry; August 4th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Opera Non Verba

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast