Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Numbers or rounds?

My friend told me that you are only allowed to carry 4 rounds in your mag. He also said that each rounds over the limit is a $400 fine each.
    Is any of this true?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Numbers or rounds?

Not true for CCW/Self defense handguns or in home, on own property rifles and shotguns. At state gameland gun ranges you can only load 3 rounds in any firearm, at one time. Fine for exceeding that, if caught, is 100 bucks per rounds and possible confiscation of the firearm. Hunting regulations limit number of rounds in rifles to I, believe 5, and in shotguns for migratory birds, limit is three (I'm not a hunter, so may be off by one or two here). Never heard of the "4" rule.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

he has no clue what he is talking about if your referring to concealed carry. As for hunting regs I do not know.
    Last edited by XD45; June 18th, 2008 at 05:27 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    Not true for CCW/Self defense handguns or in home, on own property rifles and shotguns. At state gameland gun ranges you can only load 3 rounds in any firearm, at one time. Fine for exceeding that, if caught, is 100 bucks per rounds and possible confiscation of the firearm. Hunting regulations limit number of rounds in rifles to I, believe 5, and in shotguns for migratory birds, limit is three (I'm not a hunter, so may be off by one or two here). Never heard of the "4" rule.
    Actually, the game land range rule is 3 rounds for a rifle and 6 for a handgun. There are no limits on carry guns.

(Westmoreland County)

No limit for defensive carry...but there is a limit on rounds in a mag at state game lands.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've had people tell me that it is illegal to carry cocked and locked! Everyone thinks their an expert! LOL

(Lancaster County)

I'm just gonna carry 1 in the chamber and 1 in the mag... just to be safe

(Luzerne County)

PA is the king of of states when it comes to it's citizens believing and propagating mythical gun laws.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Wayne County)

I thought it was 3 rifle and 5 pistol. A lot of us squeeze an extra or so. At least it keeps the ammo supply up. Less you load, more you have in the long run.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post
    I thought it was 3 rifle and 5 pistol. A lot of us squeeze an extra or so. At least it keeps the ammo supply up. Less you load, more you have in the long run.
    This subchapter cited in 58 Pa. Code § 135.41 (relating to State Game Lands).

§ 135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee for military or law enforcement training, it is unlawful to:

(6) Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition, except as provided in subsection (c).

(c) Exceptions for a handgun range. At a Commission range specifically designated as a handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time. Other rules and regulations pertaining to shooting ranges under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction shall be in effect.

Proud member of:

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah I just asked this cause my friends, friend is a cop and he told him that. I didnt believe it and also stated I will carry my 12 rounds so if I get fined then I do!

Oh and another one when my old man died in 2006. The family came over the house and my one uncle is a Warminster cop. I had my pistol strapped to my leg and was getting heavy. I pulled the case off my ankle and he saw it. First thing he asked was "do u have a permit for that". I told him "yes" and that was the end of it. Man I just really knew I had known about this site yrs earlier so I could of handed him the flyer and said "we are not in Philly and I can open carry fatty man!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast