Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Open carry in a kmart in pike creed Delaware. Win for 2A

This account is from my wife posted on another forum that I no longer post on.

Hello all.

Incident involving my husband bluedog46.

As some may know I don't open carry too much, but my husband often does. We even ran into another member yesterday at Shoprite.

Anyway we go up to Kmart to pay our Sears card bill and are waiting in line. There are two females in front of us. Blue was minding his own business and I heard something about a "no firearms policy". I asked the ladies if we could help them with something since they both kept staring at his 1911. The one woman that I call instigator was telling the lady at the cash register that guns were not allowed into eh store. The woman that is a tag along was basically tagging along. The lady at the return counter said "I'll check with a manager. We did not hear that part.

Before the manager got there I asked the lady if there was an issue. She then said that my husband should not have his gun in a store. We always try to be civil. I informed her first that he was very legal with his guns and was not violating state or federal laws or store policy. The tag along was saying that "we were not talking to you and were trying to kept our voices down". I informed her talking about people as her issue was directly with my husband is the same thing.

The instigator tried to argue with us. Blue said "if the world was safer maybe I would not carry it, but too many people are out there robbing and rapping". I mentioned we never even owned guns until there were several shootings in our neighborhood. I know now that was not a good move, but she was like "That is fine. That is at home. This is a Store". Always the genius Blue said "It seems the news always talks about stores being robbed if I recall so bad guys come to stores and sure don't leave their guns at home. She replied how it might scare some people, to which Blue said that is the person's then she said "I used to be a cop". Joe said "I used to be a pizza maker. I also was an auxiliary police officer. What your point?". Then it was like her and other people are uncomfortable with it. Blue then said "some people are not comfortable with you walking around, but that is their problem is it not?"

The manager got there at this time both ladies probably sensed victory and smiled. He was a white gentleman. I figure for late 40s early 50s whose name I forgot. He eventually mentioned being a retired police officer. He asked what the clerk wanted. Blue said "Apparently these two ladies want to make an issue of my carrying a firearm". They both then started saying a few things. The manager then said "Delaware is an open carry state. He can do it. There is no law against it". They were both very upset with this. I think we all know the goal was to ask the manager to have Blue disarm his viewable sidearm.

The one thing Blue did wrong was next. I did not like it and I am sure there are those who know him that will be like "That is blue for you". He said to the manager "So as I told them it's not against state or federal law or store policy" to which the manager nodded correct. My bad hubby then said "So basically its pound sand if you don't like it". He then said "I would not go that far". They both stormed off and were really ticked he did not have Blue remove his 1911. Pound sand is a phrase Blue first heard from a from a friend from Deloc and seems to really like it since its new to him. LOL

Anyway there was a girl who was there waiting for the manager. Appeared early 20s. She was asking me about getting a license to carry. I informed her of the costs associated and this site. I also informed her of a couple places to buy guns. I did not know her and don't like to give Viper's cards out when I don't know people, or she would get a card. I did mention she could find a great ffl on this site, some training classes and Targetmaster be a place to try a couple guns.

We went about our business and that was that. Blue will be posting on pafoa.org and or mdshooters in more detail and his impressions. As some know he can be a bit political and that can and does rile cages.

Score one for the second amendment.

I have a couple thoughts that were not put on the site my wife posted this on because the forum is moderated a bit more stict. To give an idea we have lots of posts here about Obama being sued and the problem with illegal immigrants. As of 10 minutes ago i don't believe there were any. I am still friends with a co-founder of the site and go to periodic meetings. Just a bit political for them i guess.

Thoughts on the incident.

Ok. To each their own. Every open counter problem i have had ( four incidents total) have involved someone black complaining about me having a gun including this one. Now if we follow demographics we do know blacks commit more than their fair share of crimes based on population numbers and have a higher rate of going to prison. Now i know there are various reasons why, but that is another discussion.

It really offends me when the very people complaining about me having a gun look more like the people on the evening news committing various shootings. sorry if that upsets some, but i am sure i am not the only person that is aware of the demographics of our criminal justice system.

There was a part of me that felt like telling her "if you would keep your people from robbing and rapping i would not have as much need to carry a gun" I knew that would do nothing but give her ammo.

I have had people tell me the "pound sand" was a bit much, but if you were there you would have seen they basically were trying to get me kicked out of the store. I could not say what i wanted which would have involved saying F_off b*tch and get a life. Keep your house in order and quit worrying about decent people wanting to protect themselves.

Pound sand seemed to be the thing that got the point across most.

Race and politics are tough issues to discuss. When you discuss crime you have race involved and guns involve crime. Sadly most of the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country our "black" areas. I would not go into most areas of Wilmington, De unless i am armed. I would not have that fear going to Hockessin or Greenville ( Joe Biden has a house there). There are no restaurants with bullet proof glass there. In various areas of Wilmington there are places with bullet proof glass. I think we all know the reputation of area center city, Philadelphia where a KFC had the entire crew behind bullet proof glass.

I wish things were different, but we live in the world we do. I am not thinking or worrying about what happened 400 years ago when someone is trying to rob me or rape my wife.

She said "I am not comfortable with you carrying that". There are many people not comfortable with her walking around. That is not right but its the truth.

I am not comfortable with people who contribute anything and live totally on welfare, wic, food stamps, and in section 8 being able to vote to cut up my tax dollars, but it is their right.

I am probably missing something but the wife included a poll on another site.
    1, thats blue for you
    2, that was inappropriate
    3, it could have been phrased different
    4, blue was right on
    Last edited by bluedog46; July 14th, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Open carry in a kmart in pike creed Delaware. Win for 2A

I'm going with Blue was right on as a general rule of thumb don't start something if you don't want something. For anyone who is unsure of what I mean is don't put in your 2 cents and expect no reaction.

(Allegheny County)

"robbing and rapping"... I LOLd - Yo.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

I'm the Rappin' Robber.

(Bucks County)

I thought they had a "don't snitch" policy! Go figure!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Chester County)

YOUR MY BOY BLUE!! Had too lol. How have you been guy? Long time no see.

(York County)

She said "I am not comfortable with you carrying that". There are many people not comfortable with her walking around. That is not right but its the truth.
    I've used the line, "I'm uncomfortable when teen wear their hoodies up, but that's not illegal either. I guess both guns and hoodies are irrational fears."

It keeps race out of the discussion and gets the anti-gunners every time!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Applause.

The situation was handled very well.

I work in a city environment and sadly notice the same attitudes from the same demographic.

I judge every person I encounter individually, but there are some traits among certain groups that you just cannot ignore. When you allow your children to dress like thugs, trouble with actual thugs usually finds them. When you speak English everywhere like you're in a rap video, you can't wonder why you can't get a job. It's not a skin color issue, but then again, when you run the numbers, it kind of is.

The worst part is that the leaders aren't willing to help people like this out of their lifestyle that's hurting their families, they encourage them to embrace it and blame others for their problems instead of taking responsibility and working their way into a better life as better people.

I shake my head every day at the way I hear people in the city talking and living. It's not just one race, it's the urban culture as a whole. It seems to consist of those I was describing or the hippie-types that float through life doing whatever makes them feel better about themselves instead of what needs to be done. No facts needed, just emotions.

And some people wonder why nearly every major city that votes blindly for Democrats for decades is in financial and social ruin? No one cares about the law, specifically the Constitution, or for doing the work of educating yourself and trying to work towards a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I've used the line, "I'm uncomfortable when teen wear their hoodies up, but that's not illegal either. I guess both guns and hoodies are irrational fears."

It keeps race out of the discussion and gets the anti-gunners every time!

I like that response.

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    Applause.

The situation was handled very well.

I work in a city environment and sadly notice the same attitudes from the same demographic.

I judge every person I encounter individually, but there are some traits among certain groups that you just cannot ignore. When you allow your children to dress like thugs, trouble with actual thugs usually finds them. When you speak English everywhere like you're in a rap video, you can't wonder why you can't get a job. It's not a skin color issue, but then again, when you run the numbers, it kind of is.

The worst part is that the leaders aren't willing to help people like this out of their lifestyle that's hurting their families, they encourage them to embrace it and blame others for their problems instead of taking responsibility and working their way into a better life as better people.

I shake my head every day at the way I hear people in the city talking and living. It's not just one race, it's the urban culture as a whole. It seems to consist of those I was describing or the hippie-types that float through life doing whatever makes them feel better about themselves instead of what needs to be done. No facts needed, just emotions.

And some people wonder why nearly every major city that votes blindly for Democrats for decades is in financial and social ruin? No one cares about the law, specifically the Constitution, or for doing the work of educating yourself and trying to work towards a better life.
    Urban areas, while most of the dangerous in the country, are the ones voting anti gun politicians. heck pa would have a shot at being a red state if not for philly
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast