Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default BCM Gunfighter low profile gas block

i purchased this to replace the railed gas block my olympic arms 16 inch carbine AR so in the future i could put a free float hand guard on it, the only problem i have is i cant find a short enough roll pin anywhere,i still have the one from the railed gas block. It didnt come with one which im fine with im glad i bought it but do you guys have any thoughts on where i could find short enough roll pins aside from brownells? or could i take my chances and cut off the excess when i get it pushed in? thoughts?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: BCM Gunfighter low profile gas block

It should have came with one. Call them and say something I bet they send one

(Montgomery County)

It should be in the bag. Take a look around the area you were working in. They are pretty easy to misplace since they are so small.

Alternatively, like you suggested, you could cut down the roll pin you have. If you have a set of calipers you can get a better idea as to how long it has to be rather than eyeballing it.

I've hit roll pins before on a grinder which was the easiest way for me. But there are a number of ways you could reduce the size of it.

-Adam

(Delaware County)

Call first, for sure.
    Do not cut off the excess after you install it! Use a punch, toothpick or whatever you have to measure the needed length. Take your pin, put it in a vise slot up and cut it with a hacksaw. You dont want to use anything that would heat it too much. After it's cut to proper length, slightly chamfer the cut end with a file.... match the other end.

(Dauphin County)

well what i ended up doing ( after a friend suggested ) was calling lanco tactical and they had a proper size roll pin and i bough it off them for less than a dollar, got the free float handguard installed and it looks badass! so exicted to shoot it..soon as i get a good stock pile of ammo.