Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it winter yet?

Take note these temperatures are in Celcius.

Rimouski

Currently

Observed at: Pointe-au-Père 12:00 PM EST Thursday 25 January 2007
    Temperature: -15.8°C Pressure / Tendency: 100.8 kPa / falling Humidity: 78% WindChill: -26 Dew Point: -18.8°C Wind Speed: W 25 km/h gust 37 km/h
    5 Day Forecast

Issued: 11.30 AM EST Thursday 25 January 2007
    Today: Flurries. Wind west 30 km/h. High minus 15. Cold wind chill minus 29. Tonight: Flurries. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low minus 20. Cold wind chill minus 31. Friday: A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries in the morning and afternoon. Clearing late in the day. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 33. Saturday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Windy. Low minus 14. High minus 7.
    ----------
    I was looking to see what their snowfall is so far this year, have not found any thing yet, but the average snowfall there is 120 to 160 inch per year....
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Is it winter yet?

All I can say for sure is that it's winter HERE!

I don't mind this snow, but I'm going to the range Sunday and it's gonna be about 20 degrees!
    Brrrr. I don't have the thick skin I had when I grew up in the "mountains" and since I started
    working indoors, I just can't take it like I used to. Guess I'm just gettin' too "HISTORICAL"!!! (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Guess I'm just gettin' too "HISTORICAL"!!! (wink)
    Could have been worst, could have said Pre-Historical
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Luzerne County)

Its bad when TX has had more snow than us
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Erie County)

We have had a foot of snow for the last couple days. I90 is still closed today after there was a 50 car pile up yesterday around noon.

Yes, it's winter

(Washington County)

9 DEGREES THIS MORNING, YES, WINTER IS HERE

(Montgomery County)

Celsius?

the metric system is the tool of the devil!
    My car gets 20 rods to the hogshead and thats the way I likes it!
    - Granpa Simpson

lucky for us, tho, supposed to get to a low of 18 tonight...so it will be TWICE as warm as last night:-/
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Well we got 4 to 6 inches of the junk that fell today, its turning to rain now. Guess mother nature is just like me, after a good dump, i usually piss too!

My wife called early this morning said she lost control of the car on the way to work, dint hit anything just skided to a stop wrong way to the traffic on a road that is already bad in summer...

She finally made it to work no damage to the car, nerves frayed to find out many of her co-workers decided this would be a good day to call in "sick". SO she was overload on work all day, and then found out the night shift supervisors are not comming in!!!

She is one of the more senior people there, so she decided to beat the traffic and stay till 7 tonight... Many decided they needed to leave earlyer making the work load even heavyer.

I work in the same place, her reccomendation to me was "If you get called in, dont go!" LOL and she usually urges me to grab any over time I can. Go figure, well my dept dint need any one, well at least dint call, maybe a few decided like her to ride out the traffic jams by staying there and getting paid for it too.

Its begining to look a lot like Christmas, we finally have enough snow to cover all the grass!!! Wait, its Valentines, Mother nature screwed up again!

Well at least all you out there who are like me "Procastinators" can rejoice in this... You can now blame Cupid for shooting down a cloud of snow on us....

Its all YOUR fault cupid!!!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Guess mother nature is just like me, after a good dump, i usually piss too!
    Thats funny as hell frenchy! I fear the worst at work tonight... snow = worst PA drivers known to man ALL come out to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Thats funny as hell frenchy! I fear the worst at work tonight... snow = worst PA drivers known to man ALL come out to drive!
    LOL and they usually all go out to buy the essential things like "toilet paper" and "paper plates"... I already have both those Items, but I will need to get out there and get smokes!!!!

Dumb thing is, If i get in an accident, i can pretty well dispatch my own ambulance by just calling to work and telling them where I am!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast