Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default How about this for a commercial?

You've probably seen anyone of several ads on TV for Brinks Home Security and the like. Young girl in a robe just out of the shower confronted by a man who smashes her glass door.

"Are you OK?", she is asked on the phone.

"I think so" is her reply.

How about a scenario where the bad guy does enter the premises but the young girl, a practitioner of her 2nd Amendment rights, stops him dead in his tracks with a a .40 S&W drawn from a securely held position and the police on their way?

I am tired of the people who make us passive victims.

Worse yet was a commercial that was on a year or two ago that showed the bad guy running up the stairs with a machete towards a waking dad looking for his reading glasses. Maybe some of you remember it.

Wouldn't it be nice to see that creep stopped dead in his tracks rather than see her a voice say,

"Without _____ home security, would you be ready?"
    Last edited by Hokkmike; June 20th, 2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: How about this for a commercial?

Yeah, but these passive commercials sells a lot of house alarms.

The problem is, that the damage is already done before the fuzz gets there - or the coroner.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

I agree with your thoughts about the home alarms. They certainly serve a purpose, and can work to alert an occupant to a possible intrusion. But I, too, would love to see a commercial where the resident was alerted to an intrusion and instead of shaking and calling 911, they retrieve their pistol or shotgun, crouch down behind the bed and yell out that they have a gun and will defend themselves. Showing no dial tone on the phone would be a nice added touch.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

On the outdoor channel there was an ad that was for personal defense ammo I think it was, and some guy breaks in and dad has his gun and shoots at the BG and you see the BG's hand as if he is down on the floor, and the BG's grip is released from his gun as if he has just died or gone unconcious. THAT's what a home security advertisement should look like!

I have seen the Brinks one with the couple in bed and they hear something and the man says he will go look, and he sees a guy breaking the front door down. It should show the man with a .45 and flashlight going to see, while the woman is grabbing some pistol from somewhere next to her. Maybe to get things rolling, you hear a large dog like a GS or rottie barking away downstairs.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Franklin County)

You know its funny you mention this. I've said the exact same thing to my wife when I see these commercials. "If that were us he'd be dead".

(Philadelphia County)

LOL...I love the one where the guy's wife hears a noise in their new house and asks him to go see what it is. Then the bad guy breaks the door down and the husband slams his bedroom door shut. If that happened to me, me and my 40s&w ruger would make that guy very unhappy . I don't need any alarm as long as I have my pitbull to bark, and my ruger sing
    If it's not an American Pit Bull Terrier, It's just a dog.

Did you see the one of the couple spending the night their new home? The wife hears something, he opens the top door, looks down the steps, the hood busts his window in, and he closes his bedroom door like a ferry.

Me, instead of slamming the door, and the alarm going of, the hood would have heard the sound of 9 000 buckshot pellets being racked into the chamber of my remington 870.

while it's surely never going to be found on mainstream networks, the commercials on the outdoor network and a few like it do have some surpisingly pro 2a commercials.

A firearm is part of the toolkit of life, liberty, and property. It is not a magic bean sure to defeat all threats at all times.

Since they're trying to tell an alarm system and not firearms, they're going to appeal to that audience. It's a potentially an appeal more to the firearm non-owner-non-user (first, anyway). Reasonable firearms owners (like us, right?) don't need the commercial because we already know where to look to find a list of security companies and that firearms cannot do everything for us.

Right?

Has anyone suggested that the to-be-macheted needs a better optometrist or needs to be more mindful of his eye health and maybe needs to choose polycarbonate lenses next time lest they shatter and damage his eye? Maybe they should be advertising LASIK?

To reiterate, buying a firearm is not good enough. Consider a scenario where you buy a 'solid steel safe' to store your firearms in. Then you go watch a video on
    YouTube and see it takes 3 minutes to pry it open. Nothing is a hundred percent, but every step you take is an insurance to cut your chances or your losses.

We could expect a firearms manufacturer or store to run a commercial such that is suggested for firearms.

(Monroe County)

yeah I love that commercial... Ohhh no the loud noise made him run off... what would have happened if he decided the score was worth it? Or if he cut your power or phone line? It isn't hard to do in most homes. the box is right there on the outside of the house, all you need is a pair of wire cutters and the phone is dead... good luck getting that safety call now.

Or He rushes in breaks down your door and by the time the phone rings he has you at gun point and you either waive off the alarm or die. Or he decides a smash and grab is the way to go... how quickly do you think police are going to be there? Quicker then he can grab your wallet, purse, and laptops and run?

I doubt it.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast