Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Texas man acquitted for shooting at police during no knock raid

This is good news. Incidents like this will hopefully stop these BS search warrants.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...pe53oY2h79W.99

After a 9 hour deliberation, a jury has found Adrian Perryman, not guilty on all four counts of aggravated assault on a peace officer.

The incident that led to the charges against Perryman happened during the pre-dawn hours of October 26, 2010 in San Antonio, TX.

SAPD’s tactical response unit was executing a no-knock search warrant. The occupants in the house at the time were Perryman, his girlfriend Rebecca Flores, and Flores’s 3 year old grand daughter Savannah.

When Flores saw two shadowy men on the security cameras, she woke up Perryman, and tossed him his gun.

According to MySA News, Flores recalled the events of that night to the jury. “I put my body over Savannah’s,” she said, recalling for jurors what she did in the moments after handing Perryman the gun and before he opened fire. “He said ‘I’ve got a gun and I’m going to shoot — stay out!’”

Flores said it wasn’t until after he fired four shots that she heard anyone yelling “Police!”

“I remember telling him the police were here; I thought they were there to protect us. I said ‘Oh, thank God,’” she said.

Perryman took the stand in his defense last week and told jurors how he had shouted a warning before he heard the front door go down and “unloaded” his gun.

“When I knew they were policemen, I lay down, face down,” he said, adding he dropped the gun and began apologizing. “I kept saying ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t know it was y’all. I’ve been broken into before.’”

This is a landmark case in the instance of no-knock raids. All too often we see innocent people beaten and killed during the execution of this questionable practice.

Hopefully this leads to a drop in the frequency of no-knock search warrants.

The details of the latest victim in the relentless and immoral war on drugs were released this week by the Tampa Bay Times.

A 29-year old man was gunned down in his own home by officers serving a no-knock search warrant. They found .2 grams of marijuana.

How many more grenades will have to be thrown into cribs before police realize that the war on drugs was lost as soon as it started?
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Default Re: Texas man acquitted for shooting at police during no knock raid

Surprised he is still alive to tell the story

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    Surprised he is still alive to tell the story
    Yeah, really !

I am amazed more cops are NOT killed during these stupid, senseless, no knock raids.

If they were they would end in a hurry.

And no, that is not advocation, that is simple reality.
    "To Force You To Comply" is the new "To Protect And To Serve".

(Lawrence County)

you really have to give that jury and the defense lawyer ALOT of credit for doing their jobs.
    "To Force You To Comply" is the new "To Protect And To Serve".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gator39 View Post
    you really have to give that jury and the defense lawyer ALOT of credit for doing their jobs.
    No mention of the drug and gun charges he was facing though. I wonder if the the jury would have been swayed differently if the judge had allowed the prosecution to inform them as to the nature of the search warrant and what was found.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah a whole .2 grams of marijuana... that might be one puff? A real scourge of society.

The whole war on drugs thing failed many many years ago and yet because it's been a mandate and had agencies built around it, no-one has the clout or guts to stop it. What would all those poor DEA agents do?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
    Yeah a whole .2 grams of marijuana... that might be one puff? A real scourge of society.

The whole war on drugs thing failed many many years ago and yet because it's been a mandate and had agencies built around it, no-one has the clout or guts to stop it. What would all those poor DEA agents do?
    No.... that was a different guy that had nothing to do with the actual story.. just thrown in there to sensationalize the issue.

(Allegheny County)

Ah yes i stand corrected. I still think these types of searches are nothing but trouble for all involved.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
    Ah yes i stand corrected. I still think these types of searches are nothing but trouble for all involved.
    They do have their place... but not how they are being used in today's culture. Since they are inherently illegal here in Pennsylvania.... Have never seen one done in 19 years.. and I think we do OK.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    No mention of the drug and gun charges he was facing though. I wonder if the the jury would have been swayed differently if the judge had allowed the prosecution to inform them as to the nature of the search warrant and what was found.
    I'd be more curious if the prosecution purposely didn't bring the warrant into it because the address was wrong.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast