Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Need carry idea for Wife

Okay here is what is going on. My wife started walking to help loose weight. She likes to carry her Ruger LCP wile walking. Here is the problem, I went to do my monthly cleaning of my firearms and found her LCP had a lot of RUST! The reason for this is she has been using a Flashbang holster while walking. For those who don't know this holster attaches to the middle of a ladies bra and holds the firearm there well concealed.

Now my issue is does anyone have a better idea for carrying a small firearm while she walks? She can no longer carry while walking with the Flashbang. I dont want her LCP to continue to rust. So please any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Malanthor

Default Re: Need carry idea for Wife

(Montgomery County)

Send the slide and barrel out to get cerakoted... it will inhibit rust. Then have her do a weekly preventive maintenance on the lcp and call it a day.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

This is what she needs: http://www.armsband.com/ Very simple, very efficient, and made with the LCP in mind. Also, lube and protect with Froglube.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

I'd second the fanny pack style holster or getting the gun in a more rust resistant finish. I wish I remember the website; they had a purse that can easily be converted into a pretty stylish leg holster. I'll look for it now. If I find it, I'll drop the link in here.

Edit:

Here we go. http://www.warrior-creek.com/

Edit Edit:

I'm not a fan of carrying in the purse at all, but this is more like a fully covered leather holster that's been dressed up to look like a purse. Just as easy to get to as a fanny pack, but is more for the women who want to look fashionable.
    Last edited by LordTobias; July 11th, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Malanthor View Post
    Okay here is what is going on. My wife started walking to help loose weight. She likes to carry her Ruger LCP wile walking. Here is the problem, I went to do my monthly cleaning of my firearms and found her LCP had a lot of RUST! The reason for this is she has been using a Flashbang holster while walking. For those who don't know this holster attaches to the middle of a ladies bra and holds the firearm there well concealed.

Now my issue is does anyone have a better idea for carrying a small firearm while she walks? She can no longer carry while walking with the Flashbang. I dont want her LCP to continue to rust. So please any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Malanthor

Sneaky Pete. No relation.

(Butler County)

Does she wear tube tops? If not, I'll tell you what I do with my Bersa...and the Bersa is heavier than an LC9. If she does wear tube tops while jogging, maybe don't even bother reading this.

What I do is wear a thin leather belt around my waist and just clip my OWB holster on it at 11 o'clock. Now, see...I don't jog! So that Bersa thumping around on my hip at 11 o'oclock isn't a problem. But being that the LC9 is a bit lighter, maybe it wouldn't be hard to adapt this idea for a jogger. With the Bersa though, forget about this setup and jogging. What about an IWB holster carried this way? That way she can wear a short T-shirt, still cover the grip área of the gun, and not have to worry about the barrel sticking out. I guess if she insists on wearing a tube-top like so many female joggers do, the gun is going to show if it's not in her bra, and that's that.

And P.S... I have found the 11 o'clock position to be very Handy for summer carry. It's a faster reach than 3 o'clock by far. Where are your hands when jogging? Where are your hands if you're fending off an attack? "IN FRONT OF YOU" would be the answer to both questions in most cases! When my arm is bent at the elbow, with my hand in front of me, my hand ends up at around 11 o'clock. My hand can be there with natural movement in a split second, and the gun doesn't add to my profile so much at 11 as it does at 3.
    Last edited by FJW; July 11th, 2014 at 05:15 PM.

(Wayne County)

Smartcarry deep concealment holster or maybe one of those fanny pack type CC holsters

http://www.smartcarry.com/

(Butler County)

The fanny pack holster is a "real" manufactured versión of what I do with an unlooped belt under my shirt, except I can choose any IWB or OWB holster I want for the job. I think IWB would work great this way, although I don't have an IWB holster. You'd get support from the belt AND from the waistband of whatever shorts you're wearing. A light gun should carry well this way with no wobble, and you could choose any enclosed clip-on IWB holster that would shelter the gun from perspiration. I already know my KelTec P11 would work this way, and since the LC9 is one of the P11's closest competitors, it's probablty a good guess that it would work out too.
    Last edited by FJW; July 11th, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

There aren't a lot of options for concealed carry for women in exercise clothes. I think either a fanny pack or the Flashbang with a more rust-resistant gun would be the way to go....

This might be a question for Kathy Jackson at corneredcat.com....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast