Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Reade Range Shoot

I would like to invite you to Reade Range in Allenmans, Pennsylvania on September 6th and 7th for an Appleseed shoot.
    Reade Range is one of the premier shooting facilities in Western PA. WWW.READERANGE.ORG

What is an Appleseed shoot?
    The Appleseed project was developed by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. The RWVA is an all volunteer, 501.c.3 non profit organization. The project combines rifle marksmanship training with the history of the American Revolution. Appleseed instructors have all consistently scored a minimum of 210 on the Army qualification test. They will go over rifle safety, the six steps of firing the shot, proper sling use, natural point of aim, firing positions, and sight adjustments. They will also tell some amazing stories of the American Revolution that will give you a new appreciation for the men and woman who sacrificed all they had to win us the Freedoms we enjoy today. Appleseed can improve the skills of beginners to experts, while bringing many new rifle owners into the sport.

Chris Knox of the Firearms Coalition wrote about his experience at an Appleseed Shoot.
    http://www.firearmscoalition.org/ind...=147&Itemid=63
    Mike Kinsey, of the Ohioans for Concealed Carry, joined us for a shoot and presented his experience. http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3852/83/
    Stewart Rhodes, of SWAT Magazine, joined us and wrote about his experience in the February 2008 issue of SWAT Magazine. He says, "That is why this is no mere shooting program. This is a path back to regaining an essential part of what it means to be an American".

While Appleseed project training focuses on semi auto, magazine fed, iron sighted rifles, all legal rifles are welcome. The purpose is to teach you to effectively shoot the rifle you have and that training can be applied to any rifle. The rifles you will see at an Appleseed range from the .22 rim fire, SKS, AR-15, to an M1 Garand.

Please visit our websites and register for the shoot, we hope to see you there.

http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/

WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
    Thomas Paine

Default Re: Reade Range Shoot

Allenmans, Pennsylvania
    LOL

I've been going there around 4 years now and I just learned the actual name of the town. If that is a town...

(Carbon County)

Default B964 ... thanks for your perserverence...

I've noticed you posting info for these events several times and not getting a lot of responses.

I'm registered for the 9/6 & 7 event @ Allenmans and so far have one or two buddies coming.

I've ordered Fred's package with the jacket/booklet & targets. Have a sling and am starting to get to know my AR. I'll be dry firing a lot from the various positions as well as live fire too. And I'm stocking up on .223 ammo.

I do have a .22 as well, which I'll bring, but would like to spend all the time with the AR/iron sights.

Looking forward to the event.

Thanks, Tim
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.“ -- Jeff Cooper

Default Re: B964 ... thanks for your perserverence...

Quote Originally Posted by smsdba View Post
    I've noticed you posting info for these events several times and not getting a lot of responses.

I'm registered for the 9/6 & 7 event @ Allenmans and so far have one or two buddies coming.

I've ordered Fred's package with the jacket/booklet & targets. Have a sling and am starting to get to know my AR. I'll be dry firing a lot from the various positions as well as live fire too. And I'm stocking up on .223 ammo.

I do have a .22 as well, which I'll bring, but would like to spend all the time with the AR/iron sights.

Looking forward to the event.

Thanks, Tim
    I am just trying to get the word out.
    Appleseed has something for everyone. Glad your going to attend, I will run into you there for sure.

Ed
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
    Thomas Paine

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Reade Range Shoot

Cool.

I'll be the half bald dude, with a long blonde pony tail.

Tim
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.“ -- Jeff Cooper